Ok... so I saw a Pterodactyl up close tonight. Not joking. WTF!?!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Smgbad, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smallstoner

smallstoner Member

Again. You are an anonymous internet person making an extremely unlikely claim. Objectively, it is much, much more likely that you are mistaken, or simply making it up, than that pterodactyls are buzzing your car.

2. EricPeterson

EricPeterson Member

Oh come on, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. I am open minded, I am willing to accept it is possible you saw a Pterodactyl, but I am going to need a lot more evidence than you have presented so far given what we know about Pterodactyls and similar animals.

3. Blindspot

Blindspot Member

I just finished dinner.

The pterodactyl was delicious....

4. Scrutinizer

Scrutinizer Member

Well, if they do exist, someday some lucky person will whip out their cell phone and take some video and pictures of one flying around. I imagine such video would be worth a huge sum of money.

5. EricPeterson

EricPeterson Member

Given the prevalence of quality cameras in everyone's pockets these days, I think this is a good critique of these types of claims.

6. Stu Cats

Stu Cats Member

It was a bear with a fish in it's mouth.

7. Pearly Gator

Pearly Gator Member

Dude! They're endangered! I'm SO reporting you!

BTW - What's the best caliber for Pterodactyl?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Carlo

Carlo Member

Those last 2 pics in the post above are freaking me out!

9. lp_bruce

lp_bruce Member

It's not a matter of questioning everything as much as evaluating evidence for relative value. Eyewitness account = very little value. Hard data (body, DNA, video documentation = lots of value. And of course, it's not as much a question of me believing it as the scientific community. And as I've said in other threads, it's less about "believing" and more about "proof".

First, I feel like I've tried to help you identify what you saw. I believe you either misidentified a Heron (or other bird) or someone was flying a remote control pterodactyl near the highway. Those are both plausible solutions.

And it's unfortunate that demanding evidence has been equated with a closed mind. If there were evidence, I (and the scientific community in general) would embrace that.

Peace,

10. mango

mango Member

I've been there, it's actually 100 1-mile tall statues,it's like the Easter Island of our solar system .

11. smallstoner

smallstoner Member

It's the first accusation people make when you question their absurd positions about ghosts/aliens/the smurfs being real. All skeptics should be prepared to rebut it.

12. Blindspot

Blindspot Member

Wait...was Alf real?

13. EricPeterson

EricPeterson Member

I am not sure, I read in the effects section he has not been returning emails.

14. danonbass

danonbass Member

Hey OP, I'm on your side here. I'm willing to believe that a giant prehistoric looking bird/reptile may exist. For such a thing to happen, the creature would have to live in a remote area and the population of such a large predator would most likely need to be small. For you to have seen it in the Carolina's would mean that it was outside of its typical range for reason.

Is all that likely? I don't think so. Given multiple explanations, the most simple is probably correct. It may have been just a normal large bird and the sunset light as well as your shock screwed with your perception/memory. But hey, crazy things happen in this world. Every time we think we know something for certain, someone else comes along and proves that we're wrong.

I want to believe.

15. danonbass

danonbass Member

HA!!!!!!!!!! I lol'd for real.

16. JoeB63

JoeB63 Supporting Member

LOL

17. xpatico

xpatico Member

What if I told you there was a 100-mile tall statue of Oprah Winfrey on the other side of Jupiter?

"Just because you do not believe it, does not make it not so."

Obviously you have NO way of being absolutely certain whether there is or is not a statue, so why would you make the claim that there is and expect another to agree or disagree to an outright fabrication?

We have a first hand observation that the OP(to the best of his ability) SAW what he believed to be a pterodactyl

18. davess23

davess23 Member

I was fishing at dusk, working my around a point at the shallow end of a big lake in New Hampshire, casting surface plugs for bass and pickerel. Near a big dead tree I unknowingly happened to disturb a Great Blue Heron. That bird hopped into the air and zoomed by less than 10 feet over my head. Damn near literally startled the **** out of me. If I hadn't realized what I was seeing I'd have sworn that it was a pterodactyl. There's definitely something "prehistoric" looking about them when they fly.

19. trower

trower Silver Supporting Member

You saw a skin walker, otherwise know outside the reservation as a shape shifter....
    Probably one of my relatives going into town for more bread.

20. tonedaddy

tonedaddy Member

I am here as you are here as you are me and we are
    We also have a first hand observation in another post that says it's not a 100-mile statue, but 100 1-mile statues.
    I've seen pictures of Easter Island, so I'm going with the latter.
    I don't care who believes me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.