Ok, so I've read al of the horror stories, but man I want an Ac30ccH!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by AchtungBaby, Jul 5, 2006.

1. AchtungBaby

AchtungBaby Member

I finally got a chance to play one at G.C, and it has THE tone that I'm looking for, but, on this particular one, the standby light didnt fire up,which is one of the problems that I've been reading about. But, I figured, did anyone take inot account that alot of these problems that everyone reads about have to do with the 15 year old kids that badly mistreat all of the equipment in big stores like guitar center?? I think it's only fair judge one of these amps from an owner's standpoint. Maybe I'm just telling myself that because I want one now ha.

2. wordsonyou

wordsonyou Member

it has the tone for sure. I have had 3 (including a head a combo and a 15CC) and they have been bulletproof so far...I'm sure the usual suspects will sign on to this thread calling the amp crap...I know a ton of CC owners that think they are amazing...my position is clear - the amp is a homerun. Still, lots of people complaining about 'em on this and other sites.

Check out this thread - lots of testimonials either for or against the CC:
    http://www.plexipalace.com/plexiboard/viewtopic.php?t=50699

3. jpage

jpage Silver Supporting Member

Maybe it has something to do with the 8-10 year old children that are actually BUILDING the amps.

4. The Whiz

The Whiz Member

Ruh roh. Here we go!

5. jamison162

jamison162 Member

So what are 15 yr olds doing to the amps at GC that adults are not?
    Turning them on, playing them loud? How are they abusing them or otherwise tearing them up? If a 15 yr. old can break it in the store, I damn sure ain't gonna gig with one.

6. hw2nw

hw2nw Member

Pick one up! They will last forever if you take care of it. There are a lot of naysayers...but I've owned 3 and loved them. Check out the discussions at the Plexi Palace boards...I was one of the first to order when the CCs were released and we went nuts on that board talking about that amps reliability and tone. Tone for days!

7. lord preset

lord preset Member

"Maybe I'm just telling myself that because I want one now ha."

"Now" being the operative word. If you were willing wait 6 months and pay $350 more, you could get a handwired Hayseed head. OTOH, there is no arguing that the Vox has the sound, and you can lay your grubby little fingers on it right now. If you are worried about reliability you could always pick up a Crate Powerblock as a backup ;-)

8. AchtungBaby

AchtungBaby Member

My intentions were not to be literal with that statement. I just meant that an owner of an amp is going to be alot more careful than any joe shmoe that walks in G.C and jacks with one. I've worked at G.C. I've seen an amp kicked, knobs ripped off,etc...... They get mistreated in the store. No matter how strong you think your amp is, if you left it laying around in G.C for a few months, you probably wouldn't want it back. That's why the display amps are very rarely ever sold.

9. wordsonyou

wordsonyou Member

Proof please????

10. wordsonyou

wordsonyou Member

BTW further proof of the bias towards Chinese products being built by well compensated Chinese skiller labour in a bona fide amp operational factory

11. devbro

devbro Member

I could care less if its made by dwarf homosexual Eskimo mud wrestlers. To me the issue is reliability and it seems this amp, at least from what I've read, is unreliable.

BTW, no offense to any Eskimo's.

12. illinimax

illinimax Gold Supporting Member

:roll

13. wordsonyou

wordsonyou Member

Vox claims a less than 1 percent defect rate fwiw...unless they are lying...I'd still believe that over 20 internet anecdotes

14. jpage

jpage Silver Supporting Member

It's a well-known fact that most Chinese factories are staffed by overworked children--a simple google search for "china child labor 2006" will give you all the proof you need.

My bad for bringing it up however. No need to open that can of crap again.

15. boomchickaboom

boomchickaboom Member

If they were well compensated on a world level Vox wouldn't be able to sell 'em for what they do. That's the whole reason they moved the factory to China. Well compensated by Chinese standards isn't all that much.

I seriously doubt they've got 10 year olds working at the Vox factory. But there are plenty of factories in China that do "employ" children.

China is still a communist country.

[​IMG]

When you open a factory in China you're doing business with the guys in the tanks. Not the "hero" in front of 'em.

Not that I can totally avoid Chinese made products but I try really hard.

The Cold War isn't over. And it looks like the commies are gonna win once they make everything and we send 'em a ton of our money. I don't have to like it or play along.

But that's just how I feel. I don't expect people to agree or follow my lead.I just hope people can except that some of us have real reasons for not wanting to buy products made in China.

d

16. Curt

Curt Member

Well said!

17. wordsonyou

wordsonyou Member

I am not doubting that there is lots of Child labour in China - just doubting it is in the Vox/Wharfedale factory - they're not exactly making Reeboks there...

18. Curt

Curt Member

How do you feel about underpaid, overworked communists?

19. devbro

devbro Member

No such thing.......

20. wordsonyou

wordsonyou Member

well you do have a great Internet sense of humor!!!!:)