Ok this got nothing to do with playing guitar, but who here collects guitar picks?

ZoomP

Out of boredom and the fact that I needed to order a black jack plate for my Gibson, I went ahead and added the Fender Japan Final Fantasy picks set and a couple of Fender Japan signature picks to my basket.

Show me your pick collections, if any!

Fro68

Silver Supporting Member
I have a collection of picks I was able to get at concerts from the late ‘80s to now. Although it’s been at least a decade since I’ve been to a concert I could usually get a roady to throw me one when they were breaking the stage down after the concert.

Defendant

Silver Supporting Member
After years of using the same picks, I recently grabbed a bunch of of different ones -was really fun trying them and seeing the differences in sound. If you want a change in your sound, it's a great cheap place to start.

As far as famous player's picks, I have one, handed to me by the man himself:

A522C21A-6848-464B-9AA4-E7FF3F026388.jpeg

hank57

Silver Supporting Member
I feel like the picks that come with a purchase are special. Lollar, Koll, or others. I usually lose them thou.

I once got one of Steve Howe’s picks at a show, Anderson Bruford Wakeman and Howe (so close to the stage it was scary).

It was a Fender Medium celluloid pick. Like from the store. It was impossible not lose it amongst my gear

mrpinter

Gold Supporting Member
I have several little collections. First are the logo picks I've hung onto - mostly from trade shows:
ggSUgkd.jpg

I'm a Gravity guy. Here is my collection of one each of every shape they make - all Standard 2mm size:
hvgMVUe.jpg

Here's what I have left of the picks Chris Fahey made for me for a NAMM show we were in:
CKAvUAJ.jpg

And here is my own little assortment that I sometimes thumb through if I'm looking for something different to play (mostly Gravity)
m9Z5plv.jpg

ZoomP

I have a collection of picks I was able to get at concerts from the late ‘80s to now. Although it’s been at least a decade since I’ve been to a concert I could usually get a roady to throw me one when they were breaking the stage down after the concert.
Ok that's really cool!

ZoomP

After years of using the same picks, I recently grabbed a bunch of of different ones -was really fun trying them and seeing the differences in sound. If you want a change in your sound, it's a great cheap place to start.

As far as famous player's picks, I have one, handed to me by the man himself:

View attachment 484685

Oh man!!! and he has clean fingers too!

EvilAsh

I’m still searching for the perfect pick, but since I’m buying them online, I buy sets of 5, still haven’t found the perfect one so the pile of reject picks keeps growing

C-4

I have a large variety of different picks, but not as a collector. I only buy what I use.

Oinkus

I have kept picks for decades but not really a collector. I did some metal and stone searching at one point more than 10 years ago. I usually buy the 72 packs of the current picks I am using and keep extras around. Probably have somewhere between 100 and 200 now ?

ED_P

Silver Supporting Member
I don't use picks so I have a huge collection of freebees.

The only one I really treasure is from a store in Fitchburg, Mass that was called "Salvatore Brothers Music Box".

They are closed now as the brothers retired, but I brought many of my first effects and guitars there in the 80's.

I remember once I walked in and told the owner I wanted a new or used Big Muff Pi, and he confidently told me "No- those sound like a pan of frying bacon- what you want is the DOD American Metal". He conveniently had one in the glass case just below the counter, and had no Big Muff Pi in the store, so that probably had alot to do with it. I brought the DOD, but now wish I had brought a Big Muff Pi instead.

Gclef

Out of boredom and the fact that I needed to order a black jack plate for my Gibson, I went ahead and added the Fender Japan Final Fantasy picks set and a couple of Fender Japan signature picks to my basket.

Show me your pick collections, if any!

No, just you.

Weirdo.

J/k.

I buy to try, not to collect btw

Mad Wombat

For years I'd snag a few every time I went into a music store. Just looking to try out different things. So I have a medium ziplock bag full of miscellaneous picks, plus the occasional promotion picks from stuff I've bought. Maybe 60-80 total.
Eventually I found the type that worked best for me* and stopped collecting.

*Dava Jazz Grips, FWIW.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom