ok this is kind of a stupid question, but what is your favorite Fender amp jewel light color?

WillLane

The blue lamp on the 68 Custom Deluxe looks pretty cool.

Came here to say this, love the blueish-turquoise of the '68 Custom series. They come stock with a #47 bulb but you can replace it easily with a #44 for a bit brighter light.

If we're not talking strictly Fender-branded amps but this jewel type, if the amp uses the #44/#47 mini bayonet bulb, a clear jewel over it looks natural, clean, elegant, etc... I've done this with my DC30 and AC15HW1X, it's much more like an extension of the panel and a natural part of the amp rather than just a red or green light out of place.

(only picture I have of the AC15)

Bucksears

Gold Supporting Member
Green on my Super Reverb, and amber will be going in my BF Bassman head. Next (maybe) Bassman will purple.

woof*

Purple has more sustain and Kerrang
There was a car in the 50’s that had fins and a purple jewel in the middle of the taillight. Can’t remember the car but we called those jewels purple dot. They were the exact same jewel Fender used. I have one in my 66 Super Reverb. It’s a much darker and richer purple than what Fender or aftermarket offer.
Just saying…if your a fan of the purple jewel I recommend you seek one out.

Twoinch

There was a car in the 50’s that had fins and a purple jewel in the middle of the taillight. Can’t remember the car but we called those jewels purple dot. They were the exact same jewel Fender used. I have one in my 66 Super Reverb. It’s a much darker and richer purple than what Fender or aftermarket offer.
Just saying…if your a fan of the purple jewel I recommend you seek one out.
Common addition to 50s cars... 53-57 Bell-airs, impalas, and the like... Right on the middle of the brake light lens.

I've seen them on all kinds of hot rods up through the early 2000s, not sure if it's still a trend like it was in past decades.

Hulakatt

Has done terrible things for a klondike bar
Gold Supporting Member
Purple on tweeds
Purple or red on BF
Turquoise or green on SF

Trending Topics