• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Ok to run Yellow Jackets in a...

jcarpenter

Gold Supporting Member
Thinking of getting a pair of Yellow Jacket converters to run in my 1993 Fender Concert Amp. I use this amp for rehearsals and 60 watts is just too much. I had a professional install a bias pot so I have some control in that regard. I have seen some clips on you tube with guys using them on other blackface models but the Concert Amp is different animal. Don't want the triode version that cuts 70-90% power. Just looking for about 50% reduction in power. Just want to turn it up enough to get that fullness in the bass response but enough headroom to run my pedals.

jcarpenter

Gold Supporting Member
Will the plate voltage be too much? Am I just gonna have to change tubes more often?

jcarpenter

Gold Supporting Member
I can't find anything about it about plate voltages. They just say that marshall majors, music man amps orange120 amps can't run them. I assume it should be fine. I think I will take the plunge.

Blue Strat

I can't find anything about it about plate voltages. They just say that marshall majors, music man amps orange120 amps can't run them. I assume it should be fine. I think I will take the plunge.
You can always run it by THD to be sure.

GCDEF

Silver Supporting Member
I couldn't tell you if it's safe, but my experience with them is they don't do much at all to reduce volume. You'll get a bit earlier breakup and a slightly fuzzier distortion, but a loud amp will still be a loud amp.

Trending Topics