Okay fine!! You want to hear a Richter attenuator at whisper volumes??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by michael.e, Aug 29, 2008.

1. michael.e

michael.e Supporting Member

Here-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKBJsvH21Lk

Excuse the out of tune-ness. I just got this fiddle and am setting it up for 11's. The neck is settling in and she is not staying in tune at the present.

Anyway, WAY stoked on the Richter.

ALSO!

I am working out my new video recording rig!
    Picked up a Sony Hybrid Handycam somethingorother..

It has a mic input and I also picked up a new Audix large diaphragm condensor with a good cable. That mic is going in to my Gigrac and the tape out is going to the camera. So far it is working well. I am still trying to work out levels though..

Emee

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  2. hamfist

hamfist Member

Great stuff. At some point I hope to get a Richter. Being in the UK, it's a fair bit cheaper than importing an Ultimate Attenuator.

Have you compared it with the UA ?

3. Jemlite

Jemlite Member

Sounds usable to me... most atten's are just good at just taking the edge off... Where'd you find one of those? Aren't they like hens teeth?

4. Belmont

Belmont Member

it does sound pretty good,no better than a Ho/UA though.;)

5. michael.e

michael.e Supporting Member

I am certainly not claiming that it is.

It is times and away better sounding to me than any of the other attenuators that I have bothered to purchase though..

Emee

6. hasserl

hasserl Member

Sounds good Michael, good tone at low vol, but it doesn't compare the attenuated tone to the unattenuatted tone, which would be nice for comparison sake, to see what or how much coloration there is (if any). But that sure is monstrous tone for a Tele!

7. jackaroo

jackaroo Member

Oh no...it's time for a battle!!!!

Just kidding-

I have a clone and a Ho with a lot of options...different tools for different jobs.

Michael- that sounds nice.

JD

8. mitch236

mitch236 Member

It does sound good. However, I've found that you have to try an attenuator on your own rig to see if it fits. Just read the different threads about attenuators and you will see that there is someone who swears by almost every brand out there. I haven't tried the Richter and your clip does sound nice, but there is no way to tell whether it would work for me. My Ho is the best I've had but then I've only tried the Marshall (terrible) and the Hot Plate (fairly good) and the Ho was far better than both of those but it is not perfect. Nothing can compare to an amp running full bore (at whatever level of gain you prefer) but the Ho offers so many other options that attenuation is just part of the equation. And the fact that it is upgradable, in the field by someone who is fairly competent with a soldering iron is a big plus.

But sound and feel are the most important aspects and if the Richter does it for you than great!!!