Okay, I am going to need a midi controller for my stompboxes, high quality and EASE O

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by michael.e, Jan 15, 2008.

1. michael.e

michael.e Supporting Member

F USE!!!
    I do not want to spend 3 years putting the patches together. I want to step on a switch and have any number of my selection of pedals and perhaps an external effect [G Maj.] integrated and turned on.

What unit would do this without the headache. Oh, it has to be obtainium as well.

I am ascared...
    Emee

2. Sean Doty

Sean Doty Member

I'd look at a Ground Control Pro and a GCX switcher.....I've used these off and on over the years to great success (when I racked my effects).....very simple to use and set up.

http://www.voodoolab.com/

Axess Electronics is another option....when I was into rack systems I always wanted to try them, but never got around to it....their buffers were (are) suppose to be very good.

http://www.axess-electronics.com/sc/index.php

3. g-nem

g-nem Member

To get clear on this, you are looking for a midi controlled looper to bring analog stompboxes in and out of your chain, as well as a foot-based midi controller to control patches on your G-major and the looper? Carl Martin just released the octaswitch which might control pedals easily, but is pricey, around 350. For a cheap and easy midi controller, the Rolls audio midibuddy is tiny and cheap- their discontinued midiwizard is hard to find, but cheap and powerful.

4. enditol

enditol Member

5. g-nem

g-nem Member

the musicom looks cool, but can't find it for sale anywhere in the US- and a used one went for 510 on ebay.

6. nitefly7

nitefly7 Member

you can order direct from the Musicom guys (and sometimes get a pretty sweet deal; I know somehow on here got one for almost the same price as I paid for mine (eBay'd some months ago)

it's a fantastic device! If you only need GCX like performance (8 loops or 6 loops + 2 switches /7loops + 1 switch, MIDI and 'stompbox-mode') Musicom will suit you really well...