1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Okay, I am going to need a midi controller for my stompboxes, high quality and EASE O

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by michael.e, Jan 15, 2008.

1. michael.e

michael.e Supporting Member

F USE!!!
    I do not want to spend 3 years putting the patches together. I want to step on a switch and have any number of my selection of pedals and perhaps an external effect [G Maj.] integrated and turned on.

What unit would do this without the headache. Oh, it has to be obtainium as well.

I am ascared...
    Emee

2. Sean Doty

Sean Doty Member

I'd look at a Ground Control Pro and a GCX switcher.....I've used these off and on over the years to great success (when I racked my effects).....very simple to use and set up.

http://www.voodoolab.com/

Axess Electronics is another option....when I was into rack systems I always wanted to try them, but never got around to it....their buffers were (are) suppose to be very good.

http://www.axess-electronics.com/sc/index.php

3. g-nem

g-nem Member

To get clear on this, you are looking for a midi controlled looper to bring analog stompboxes in and out of your chain, as well as a foot-based midi controller to control patches on your G-major and the looper? Carl Martin just released the octaswitch which might control pedals easily, but is pricey, around 350. For a cheap and easy midi controller, the Rolls audio midibuddy is tiny and cheap- their discontinued midiwizard is hard to find, but cheap and powerful.

4. enditol

enditol Member

5. g-nem

g-nem Member

the musicom looks cool, but can't find it for sale anywhere in the US- and a used one went for 510 on ebay.

6. nitefly7

nitefly7 Member

you can order direct from the Musicom guys (and sometimes get a pretty sweet deal; I know somehow on here got one for almost the same price as I paid for mine (eBay'd some months ago)

it's a fantastic device! If you only need GCX like performance (8 loops or 6 loops + 2 switches /7loops + 1 switch, MIDI and 'stompbox-mode') Musicom will suit you really well...