1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Okay Marshall Fans, Time for a 2nd Mortgage!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by bscepter, Jan 26, 2006.

1. bscepter

bscepter Member

2. sws1

sws1 Member

I can't afford it. I'm saving my money for the Marshall 100EVH signature model, complete with load resistor, variac, Jose mod, and special V1 cathode resistor.

3. bscepter

bscepter Member

I'm guessing it'll run $10k or so. So, I doubt too many of us could afford it! But it sure is purdy.

4. electronpirate

electronpirate Member

Sweet sin. Do you really think 10k?

Maybe we should start a pool...

5. bscepter

bscepter Member

Man, I'll bet a sweeeet digital modeling pedal would sound awesome through that! :D

6. BozoTone

BozoTone Member

...May not come with a ladder, but it better come with a Strat and a can of lighter fluid.....

7. µ¿ z3®ø™

µ¿ z3®ø™ Member

MSRP of $9K USD for the JTM 45/100 fullstack.
    my bet is that the hendrix stack will be a bit cheaper. they're making more of them.
    of course the final street price will be a bit lower.
    $7K????

8. big mike

big mike Moderator - EL34 Emeritas Staff Member

8K retail people. 8 freaking thousand.

Think I'd call Rockytop, Scumbag, and my Cab guy, and get close enough for less than 3K....

9. eric-d

eric-d Member

oh my god..... I'd sell my parents for that... :D Wonder if Marshall will trade for my '97 Ranger..... hahaha.... That thing is beautiful....

10. bscepter

bscepter Member

Just think what vintage or boutique gear you could get for eight grand, though...

11. Scumback Speakers

Scumback Speakers Gold Supporting Member

I'd like the two cabs...empty...that's for sure... Celestion G12C-25 speakers, huh? Anyone heard, seen or tried any of those (meaning the speakers with that model #)??

12. spikeRI

spikeRI Supporting Member

now real for God Plexis are affordable again..........as in paying 4K for the real deal or more for this reissue

13. laurencer83

laurencer83 Member

ya, it's going to be a little less expensive then the regular jtm45/100 they just released.

there's a whole post about it in the plexipalce forum. mitchel colby has posted a little on the topic as well.

14. Relicula

Relicula Supporting Member

Real plexi's are not going to be affordable because of this IMO, it will drive the prices up. The vintage owners will say and I quote, " the reissues are 8k, spend 2k more, and get the real deal"

Reissues of anything, has never brought down the prices of vintage gear since I have been on the hunt anyway...

15. tonedaddy

tonedaddy Member

I am here as you are here as you are me and we are
  16. althrax

althrax Member

Afriend of mine who owns a guitar shop is going to order one for his store. I told him to call me as soon as it arrives, I'll take some pics but someone will have to host them for me.

17. bscepter

bscepter Member

How do these reissues hold their value versus boutique amps? I'm curious, because the only real reason to purchase this (other than being crazy rich) is as an investment.

18. µ¿ z3®ø™

µ¿ z3®ø™ Member

now THERE'S a question...
    marshall hasn't been making HW limited edition amps for very long AFAIK.
    the JTM45 offset stack they did a few years ago has appreciated in value.
    some boutique amps do well as collectibles and others really don't.
    matchless has steadily increased in value over the last decade, but so have the price of new matchless amps. i wonder how many boutique amp manufacturers we would remember if we were to peruse a vintage guitar magazine from ten years ago? i wonder how many manufacturers will be remembered 10-15-20 years from now?
    the street price of the JTM45/100 stack was somewhere around $7K USD. does anyone know if any retailers have one left?
    i'm assuming the street price of the hendrix stack will be less than $6K USD. to my mind, the better investment would be the JTM45/100 stack. only 200 made as opposed to 600.
    the thing that burns my butt is the fact that boutique amp elves make amps like they did in the old days and have bottom lines to meet and mouths to feed. some of these amps are exceedingly simple to manufacture and it seems like a lot of money to buy one of these until U realise that these guys are not turning into rich millionaires.
    then U have a company like marshall or fender that will release a HW amp and have a facility already set up to manufacture amps on a much larger scale and they end up charging even more money that boutique manufacturers. and then, once they realise that there is a market for name brand 'boutique' amps, they release limited edition amps and charge ungodly amount of money that clearly has nothing to do w/ scale of economy.
    i wonder if marshall would have released a hendrix stack if the JTM45/100 were still sitting around in retailers showrooms?

19. bscepter

bscepter Member

+1 on the above. If a hand-built boutique amp costs, say, $2,500, then a hand-built amp from a company as big as Korg should cost at least a little less, due to the economies of scale realized. The only reason these things are going for that kind of coin is the nameplate. (I'm sure they're fabulous, though.)