Old 3M 8 Track, 1" Tape. Colorado Springs

Norse

I've got an old 3M 8 Track recorder that I may need to get rid of. It is huge! Each channel has its own amp, etc. I understand the unit came out of a studio in LA (Wally Heider sp?) and had been used on some serious albums in the late 70's & 80's.

I left the unit when I moved out of Clorado Springs, and now need to rent-out the house... Anyone in the springs or Denver area want it?

Greg

loudboy

There's a "Free Stuff" thread over at Gearslutz - should take about 30 seconds to move it...

headstack

I am shocked nobody is interested in this!
I it worth a trip from a nearby state just for the electronics to use for a DAW front end.
All you young-uns can have your Game Boys. As much as I love digital, sometimes a book is great entertainment!:)

whiskeybravo7

If you still have this I would be interested in taking it off your hands. I live in Utah and would not mind the drive out.

ohmslaw

I am shocked nobody is interested in this!
I it worth a trip from a nearby state just for the electronics to use for a DAW front end.
All you young-uns can have your Game Boys. As much as I love digital, sometimes a book is great entertainment!:)
Yeah, in fact, this gem would be perfect to use with my StudioLive. Digital processing and mixing to analog tape. That would be sweet, but more of a vintage/nostalgia acquisition than any real practical use.

acmotto

Hello,

Is the 3M 8 Track still available? If it is, I am interested in driving to pick it up.

Thank you.

rosefam6

Dear Norse, I live in Phoenix and if you still have your recorder, I would love to have it!

Thanks,

Joey

Last edited:

Trending Topics