Old Boogie Body guitars..remember?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by phatdave, Feb 19, 2009.

1. TheShangydeguy

TheShangydeguy Member

I have a guitar I think is a boogie bodies but need help I can't figure it out there's no markings anywhere .. I know this thread is old but please get ahold.of me if you have info.[​IMG]
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/wUM2bX38QJY1CfuM6

2. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars Member

I was out one night in St. Louis, and saw David Surkamp play one of their Strats. The body was made out of bird's eye maple. S/S/S configuration. It sounded thin.

3. 2HBStrat

2HBStrat Member

My current #1 has a body that I've always thought was a Boogie body...there are no markings on it, though....

4. CJReaper

CJReaper Member

I used to work at a local shop and we had a neck-thru Boogie Body strat from the late 70s that was pretty interesting. I think it was made of Walnut and the neck was so thin that it made an Ibanez Wizard neck feel like a baseball bat.

5. MKB

MKB Silver Supporting Member

6. JeffK

JeffK Member

hah, I went to high school with the Ellsworth kids too, though I didn't know them too well. Seems like I remember Blake telling me his dad made that giant (like 8 or 10 foot) electric that was on display at the Puyallup Fair back in the 80's?