Old Gibson Amp - Questions!

monkeyodeath

Just picked up '64 Gibson Scout amp sans tubes...not sure if it's working yet (need to get tubes), but I was wondering if anyone knew anything about these - picked it up for $50 from a local guy who was clearing out his shop and had no idea about it.

I think I found a schematic online - so at least I know what tubes to get...but other than that, I don't know much about it. Any feedback or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

stringgears

I have seen a few of these but its been awhile. You got a hell of a deal on it. If I remember a 10" spk. 15 to 20 watts, no reverb. I think they were a model under the Gibson falcon. Sorry, not much info. But you should be able to look up quite a bit on these amps by looking on line. Anyway, you got a good deal even if it doesn't work.
SG

monkeyodeath

Yeah, it's got an old CTS 10"....verb and trem too, except the reverb tank has been replaced. Some funky tube types though!

teleman65

I have a Scout. Just had it recapped and 3 prong put on it.
It's a nice sounding amp. The 6AQ5 power tubes are a bit reminiscent of 6V6 tubes but they aren't the easiest tube to find. Nor are the 6EU7s. I picked up some NOS RCAs last year when I got the amp.
You got a good deal and if you're handy with amps you should do alright with it.

Trending Topics