1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Old Gretsch guitar with 3 single coils and semi-hollow?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by MrVelvet, May 2, 2008.

1. MrVelvet

MrVelvet Member

Just saw a band and the guitar palyer had an old Gretsch with three single coils (semi-hollow) in red. What an interesting thing! Any idea what model that could have been?

2. mad dog

mad dog Silver Supporting Member

That would be the X-350, is my guess:

http://www.ggjaguar.com/x-350.htm

Not sure on this, but I'm guessing this push button arrangement helped influence Gibson to convert the ES-5 to the switchmaster.

3. MrVelvet

MrVelvet Member

Thanks - the one that I meant was really a "Gretsch" labeled with chrome pickup covers (either gold or chrome, not sure anymore). Reminded me vaguely of the Fender semi-hollow style guitars... (Coronado etc.)

4. openbar

openbar Silver Supporting Member

Except that that is a Guild, not a Gretsch.

5. mad dog

mad dog Silver Supporting Member

Damn. I saw that it started with a "G" and just got Guild on the brain. My apologies.