• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Old Hymnal - No Disappointment in Heaven

Bix

A few years ago my mother in law passed away and I recorded In The Garden for her memorial service. As a result, a family friend asked me to record this old hymnal that I was not familiar with. Anyway, it's a very simple arrangement, pretty much all I'm capable of! I hope you enjoy it.

With regards to the recording... I used an AXE FX for the acoustic, vocal and bass processing. There is some onboard processing in reaper used as well, compression, eq, verb. I tried a couple of different techniques for the acoustic. I liked the lead break part best and it was a 57 close mic'd with a Rode NT1 three feet away mixed in. The rhythm used the Rode and an acoustic IR in the AXE to acheive that sound. I wasn't really happy wih the rhythm, but it gave it kind of a cool lo fi vibe that seems to work. Anyway, as always, I welcome any constructive criticism. I have to say I really don't care for the song all that well :rolleyes: but I'd like to give a nice finished product to our friend, so if you hear areas where it can be improved I am all ears.

Thanks
Mike

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=901026

Trending Topics