• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Old Lap & Pedal Steel Guitars...

MrBoZiffer

Does anybody know where I can find info about old steel guitars? I'm mainly looking for info on Nationals, Oahus, Supros, etc. There's bound to be some web site where a guy has a bunch of them or something like that. Thanks!

mad dog

Silver Supporting Member
Well lets see. Andy Volk wrote a very fine book about lap steels. He hangs out at the steelguitarforum.com no pedals section, which is pretty much where you should start for any such research. Ask the same question over there, and those cool folks will lead you in some very surprising directions.

Gruhn's book on vintage instruments is very helpful with some of the steel models, particularly Fender and Gibson, also Rickenbacker and Supro/Valco. But it does not go into the detail you might want on the diversity of other brands. There were so many, decades ago.

MrBoZiffer

Mainly what I'm interested in is the individual models that National made over the years. I'd like to see pics too, so I figured there's bound to be wed site somewhere about them.

I'll just join steelguitarforum.com... I've neglected joining to pay the $5 fee, but hell I spent $12 to join TGP. haha

Trending Topics