• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Old-school all Boss pedalboard

Aceman893

right now I can make an all Boss board with:

OD1
Monster Mods OD1
DS1
Super Distortion& Feedbacker (you read that right! FU Larry D!!!!)
Digital Metalizer
HM 3
CH1
DD3
TR2 (Keeley modded)
RV3

Obviously a board for metal...

sbrollins76

Silver Supporting Member
I'm going to have to go through my Boss pedals and do this later. Off the top of my head:

OD-1, OD-2, and/or SD-1
FZ-2 and/or FZ-3
HM-2
PH-2 (I might still have a PH-1 around, but I like the PH-2 better anyway)
CE-2 or CE-3
BF-2 or HF-2
DM-2 and/or DSD-2
TR-2

All but the FZ-3/TR-2 are original MIJ. Looks like I need to go shop for a Boss reverb!

Edit: Forgot the Fuzz!

Last edited:
right now I can make an all Boss board with:

OD1
Monster Mods OD1
DS1
Super Distortion& Feedbacker (you read that right! FU Larry D!!!!)
Digital Metalizer
HM 3
CH1
DD3
TR2 (Keeley modded)
RV3

Obviously a board for metal...
How’s the Hyper Metal? Is it similar to the heavy metal?

Wyatt Martin

I have on my board: GE7, SD1, BD2, DS1, CH1, DD3.

I personally love my Boss pedals. Growing up I honestly couldn't afford them. Hard to believe the DS1 and SD1 used to be like $90-$100 back in the late 80s when I started out. I want to say I paid as much in 1992 for my SD1 as I paid for a Butler 4 knob Tube Driver that I returned to buy the SD1 (yeah I know). Boss pedals for me are the equivalent to boutique for others.

Tmidiman

Almost ready to build my Boss board. Not that I want one, but I started buying a few used units to go with some others and,...(and there are 7 others not shown and 2 arriving in the next 3 days!)

AA1C519D-D6A8-4B7E-945F-992BAFA711BF.jpeg

I have on my board: GE7, SD1, BD2, DS1, CH1, DD3.

I personally love my Boss pedals. Growing up I honestly couldn't afford them. Hard to believe the DS1 and SD1 used to be like $90-$100 back in the late 80s when I started out. I want to say I paid as much in 1992 for my SD1 as I paid for a Butler 4 knob Tube Driver that I returned to buy the SD1 (yeah I know). Boss pedals for me are the equivalent to boutique for others.
I've never had one fail on me. Still have the same Blues Driver and TU2 tuner that I bought 24 years ago.

ryderuveze

I’ve sold just about all my boutique pedals (Kingtone, Benson, EQD, Catalinbread, Xotic, etc) and going with a simple 4 pedal Boss board . Have a FZ2, CS2, and a DM2. An Analogman TR2 and Quartermaster 4 are enroute to finish it off. The tones are great and I’ve been loving the simplicity!

Last edited:

HAL 9000

This is my small Boss board, used for jamming at friends' homes, practice, etc. I also have a larger Boss board.
(I think I need to post some pics in the Boss and pedalboard threads, since I'm a new member).

small boss brd.jpg

kayaktim

Sadly the only MXR pedals I own are an old Distortion + and Phase 90. Both of them have bitten the big one. Bereft of life, they are no more. These are deceased pedals!!! (Sorry, I briefly channelled John Cleese...)
The only pedals I used in the 70’s were those two into a Twin Reverb. They covered everything from Tower of Power to SteelyDan.

Trending Topics