• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Old Songs That Don't Get Old

wire-n-wood

Silver Supporting Member
There are some cover songs that are as fresh and as sure to bring people to the dance floor as the day they were released. Do you cover any old favorites that show no signs of aging.

...Billie Jean?

Rockledge

"Rock era?"

Explain please when that was.
Rock era, rock generation, however you want to express that period in music history.
Rock music. You know. The period between roughly 1955 and 1980 when musicians suddenly had the music industry by the balls and started calling the shots. It started out being called "Rock n Roll" then became simply "rock".
Before the word "rock" became a meaningless tag that got put on nearly everything as a marketing tool.

wire-n-wood

Silver Supporting Member
"Rock era?"

Explain please when that was.
Without dismissing the great music that still emerges today, there was a golden era between the emergence of electric guitars, amps, recordings and distribution... and the time when the industry-types took control of the content. Even in the golden era, business interests began cashing in, but musicians were in artistic control. Now, there seems to me to be a mixture of music on the charts. There is still equally great musicianship to be found. But I can also point to artists who are groomed to sit pretty on top of the charts when we all know that a thousand more talented musicians take a back seat.

Another song that keeps on rocking for us is - Beast of Burden.

Elev8

Evergreen (no pun)
Every time I hear these, it's like the first time.
50 odd years on, all the impact is still there, you still get absolutely blown away.

Rock era, rock generation, however you want to express that period in music history.
Rock music. You know. The period between roughly 1955 and 1980 when musicians suddenly had the music industry by the balls and started calling the shots. It started out being called "Rock n Roll" then became simply "rock".
Before the word "rock" became a meaningless tag that got put on nearly everything as a marketing tool.
The musicians were calling the shots? Really? I imagine they all got the money they were due too right?

bloozetubes

Brandy by Looking Glass, the women love this one

Pretzel Logic by Steely Dan, all the musos go nuts on the intro

Pump It Up by E. Costello, the 50 somethings cant stay seated

Trending Topics

Top Bottom