Old yamaha strat copy ST360

Tito83

Does anyone know if it's any good? I'm searching for a good cheapie to lug around without worring too much. I'm also considering some MIJ Fenders, so it would be nice if anyone could compare both.

shadowbox

Gold Supporting Member
Does anyone know if it's any good? I'm searching for a good cheapie to lug around without worring too much. I'm also considering some MIJ Fenders, so it would be nice if anyone could compare both.

I have no experience w/ the ST360, but if you're in the market for a Yamaha you should definitely pick up a Super R'n Roller 400 or 500. From time to time you can find a 70s or early-80s model on eBay. They totally nail the vintage Strat sound/vibe; excellent build quality, too. I had a 500 that was my number 1 for a couple years (bandmate dug it so much he traded me his PRS CU24 for it). I paid $350 for it originally and intend to replace it at some point.

Tito83

Did some research and, as far as I could find out, it's pretty much the same guitar with a different headstock. Being the SR a "law-suit", they probably had to change it. Can anyone confirm it?

shadowbox

Gold Supporting Member
Did some research and, as far as I could find out, it's pretty much the same guitar with a different headstock. Being the SR a "law-suit", they probably had to change it. Can anyone confirm it?

That's likely the case. If you're interested in an SR 500 I just checked one of the eBay sellers I keep an eye on and he has a very nice one from the 70s. He's only asking $325 w/ free shipping from Japan. I am not affiliated in anyway with this seller; just like to check out his instruments when I'm on eBay.

If interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220381737134&ih=012&category=33049&ssPageName=STORE:pROMOBOX:NEWLIST#LIST

neastguy

Silver Supporting Member

how about a classic vibe.. they're cheap...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom