Older Sigma guitar: Need info.

kingsxman

Gold Supporting Member
I'm going to try to sell this for a buddy. I cant find any information on these old Sigma's. Its made in Korea. Model DM-S4. I have a pic with serial, etc. Very nice hardshell case.

I need to change the strings on it but I said I'd try to find out for him what it might be worth. I'd also like to try to date it if possible. I think its a late 80's model.

sigma_2.jpg

sigma_1.jpg

sigma_3.jpg

sigma_4.jpg

zombywoof

Sigmas were made in Korea starting around 1984. Production was moved to Taiwan in the early or mid-1990s. I would think the "S" signifies at least a solid top. It is a mid-level quality imsttrument (a 1 series would be the lowest quality and 7 and above the best).

I would say value would fall somewhere in the $175 to $250 range depending on condition, whether there is a good case that goes with it and such.

Johnny Alien

Silver Supporting Member
All of that sounds about right. I would say mid-80's, mid-level. I would not expect to get more than $150 for it really. There is little value in Sigmas and the ones with value are largely Japanese or odd small runs like the Anniversary guitar.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom