• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Older Sigma guitar: Need info.

kingsxman

Gold Supporting Member
I'm going to try to sell this for a buddy. I cant find any information on these old Sigma's. Its made in Korea. Model DM-S4. I have a pic with serial, etc. Very nice hardshell case.

I need to change the strings on it but I said I'd try to find out for him what it might be worth. I'd also like to try to date it if possible. I think its a late 80's model.

zombywoof

Sigmas were made in Korea starting around 1984. Production was moved to Taiwan in the early or mid-1990s. I would think the "S" signifies at least a solid top. It is a mid-level quality imsttrument (a 1 series would be the lowest quality and 7 and above the best).

I would say value would fall somewhere in the $175 to $250 range depending on condition, whether there is a good case that goes with it and such.

Johnny Alien

Silver Supporting Member
All of that sounds about right. I would say mid-80's, mid-level. I would not expect to get more than $150 for it really. There is little value in Sigmas and the ones with value are largely Japanese or odd small runs like the Anniversary guitar.

Trending Topics