Older vs. newer MXR EQ pedals

dr.circles

Is there a difference in sound between the older (no on/off switch, blue paint) and newer MXR 6 and 10 band EQ pedals?

stinkfoot

but it is tbp now, right?
No true bypass on MXR pedals, I'm afraid.

I hope the newer pedals are less noisy - a while back, I had an old blue 6-band eq in for an overhaul, and it did add a distinct layer of hiss to the mix... I have heard nothing but good things about the 10-band eq (low noise, high headroom), but that's as far as my MXR eq experience goes. Not really helpful, I know... :D

/Andreas

RDM

I had the new 10band MXR EQ pedal. It wasn't noisy at all. It was a really great pedal. I took it back because I didn't need an EQ, but if I needed one.....I'd get the 10 band again for sure!

Lolaviola

Silver Supporting Member
Got an old one for sale right now--see for yourself. Mine has changed opamps and is not as noisy as before.
Sounds great goosing up a NMV amp.

jb1911

I've had 2 10 bands and now have a 6 band. They sound great, have a nice buffer, are built like a rock and I have no popping from any of the ones that I've had.

recto-robbie

I just sold my trusty ge7 for the MXR m108. Couldnt be happier.
I dont notice any noise and compared to the ge7 you have a ton of more available sounds you can achieve. Excellent EQ.

Trending Topics