oldest amp you've ever gigged?

Trunkard

The oldest was a ‘65 Ampeg Gemini 1. Right now, it’s either a ‘69 Deluxe Reverb, a ‘66 Pro Reverb, or a Vox AC15HW1X.

I’ve also played out with a ‘70 Ampeg GU-12, a ‘68 Ampeg Reverbojet, a ‘71 Ampeg VT40, and a ‘70 (I think) Sano 160R. I had a thing for old Ampegs.

Last edited:

L. I. B.

68 twin bf'd by Gerald Weber 96
got it from a friend late 80's - 150$ I still use it...still my favorite of all my amps :)))
82001.jpeg

Steve_2020

Silver Supporting Member
In the 1970s I used a 1955 Tweed Champ on occasional gigs. I had it on a a/b switch with a 65 Deluxe and would kick it on for solos/crunch. That was a cool rig if the gig wasn’t too large.

Mattbedrock

A player who collects
Gold Supporting Member
I’ve got a flock of old fenders that I use frequently. Here’s three of them.
’64 Bandmaster

‘65 Tremolux. I actually have two and used to run them as a stereo rig.

‘66 Princeton

Strat_lover

Silver Supporting Member
Ever ever is a '59 5E3. My main gigging amp for the past few years has been a '65 Princeton Non Reverb, maybe been four gigs in the last five years it hasn't been our on.

TD_Madden

KotWF
Platinum Supporting Member
'60 Gibson Falcon.....after I had painted it black of course. It was in '68 and I was playing my first gig at 14.... ;-)

rusty

I own a guitar & I'm 3° from Kevin Bacon
Silver Supporting Member
I’ve got a flock of old fenders that I use frequently. Here’s three of them.
’64 Bandmaster

‘65 Tremolux. I actually have two and used to run them as a stereo rig.

‘66 Princeton
I've always paid attention to your amp posts over the years, Matt...typically some Fender eye candy included, but even comparison clips and just solid opinions from playing these things for years -- that's what I'm here for! :aok

FlyingVBlues

Platinum Supporting Member
My former 1959 Les Paul Custom played through a 1953 Fender 5A3 Deluxe that sounded absolutely glorious.

TheSchwartz

The oldest amp I’ve gigged with is a 1978 Music Man 112 RP 65. I felt like at every gig, the amp looked me in the eyes and said, “This is it, man. I’m gonna do it. I’m going to blow up. I’m serious, man. This is gonna be the one.”

Pedro58

Silver Supporting Member
I've gigged old designs, like a 5c3 tweed that had to be mic'ed. I gigged the heck out of a '66 Super Reverb for ten years or longer. But the oldest would be a blonde Bassman from '61 or a tweed '57 Deluxe. Neither of them were particularly good gigging amps. The Super Reverb, in the 1990's to the 2000's and beyond, was just the best.

twotone

I don't know about 'gigged', but the oldest amp I ever had was a black face Fender Bassman head.

Trevordog

When I was a kid, I had an ancient tweed Tremolux that couldn't get a clean sound. I don't remember where I got it, but I thought it looked cool. :bonk
:bkw:facepalm:hide:jo:anon

ricnvox

Gold Supporting Member
'62 Vox AC30 with original speakers/transformers, etc. Later on switched to a '64 AC30 which I still have.

Some context: These were my gigging amps during 2002-2009 or so. I also used a '65 AC50 and a '70 HiWatt DR103.

DrJamie

Gold Supporting Member
Lately, my 1996 Chieftain is the grandpappy of my amps. (it's the heaviest, even as a head) of my amps right now.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom