1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

OLP Axis/EVH Music man's..........

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by OldSchool, Apr 24, 2005.

1. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

Impulse buy!! It was just sitting there in all its purple glory with a price Tag of $169 used and I had to try it out........Got him down it $150.00 Ca$h ................less money than I paid for my last Overdrive pedal..........and I took it home. It needed just a little TLC and I gotta tell you.........this has to be one of the best bargains out there in the guitar industry. I'm not even a Heavy Rock player..........mostly classic Rock and Blues.......and I like it ten times better that the Dano I used to own for around the same price. I don't even see any major changes ............I'm just gonna enjoy it for all its Cheapo goodness. really a great little guitar.............Anyone check one of these out? :dude

2. Josef

Josef Member

i picked one up cheap...125 floor model. I wish it was solid black I have the..the fotoflame is just cheesy.

But it plays surprisingly well for a cheap guitar

3. gkelm

gkelm Supporting Member

Yes, great bang for the buck...OLP MM copy basses are nice too. Greg

4. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Administrator Staff Member

I have one that I bought for the kids to bang on instead of my guitars; it really is a fine guitar for the money.

5. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

Exactly my next train of thought! My son is reaching that "age" rapidly. Hopefully the pretty purple will attract him quicker that some old faded sunburst!! :rolleyes:

6. L. Moe

L. Moe Guest

I picked up a black one for $150 a couple weeks ago from MF or one of those guys. It's a great little guitar. I got it to save my nicer ones from gig abuse - four guitars knocked off their stands in the last couple of months! It doesn't even need a pickup change. The intonation was way off, and the action was pretty high. I dremeled off the bottoms of the height adjustment screws since they were way too long. And now it's a nice little player. I got it where I like it, so I'll try it out live this weekend.

7. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

Moe aren't those Pick ups great!!? I've bought American made guitars that didn't have as good a sounding set in them!

I still have a little high spot on the 13th fret on the B string but I'm afriad to **** with it anymore .......I'm starting to think the Nut might be cut to low on just the B string. I'm not going to obsess about it though..........If my $2000 Anderson had a bad nut I'd be pissed but for $150............I'm just amazed!! :dude

8. gkelm

gkelm Supporting Member

Isn't that the truth!?!

9. telest

telest Member

I tend to recommend these to new players wanting their first electric. Good price/performance ratio. :dude

Steve

10. L. Moe

L. Moe Guest

Definitely, OldSchool - I had played a couple in the stores, so I knew the build quality was pretty good, but I expected to have to change the electronics. I was really surprised when I plugged it in, though. Great sound, versatile, good with cleans, great with drive. First gig with it tonight, and I'm sure it will do just fine.

In fact, I haven't even bothered to pop off the electronics cavity cover yet. If I'm lucky, they'll even be four wire pickups so I can do the Petrucci wiring. I'm not holding my breath, though...

11. jordanL

jordanL Member

Just fill it in with a little crazy glue.

12. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

Really? That works? ................again normally I'd roll my eyes:rolleyes: ..............but for $150 guitar.........what the heck have I got to lose!!? ;) :p Thanks for the suggestion.........:)