• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

OMG!! Clay Jones Arrived DOA!!! Help!!

Stressfest

Sad day indeed...i've had a look and it seems as two wires have come away from the pots/switches. I've worked out where one goes but i have a mystery wire...
If your looking at it from the back (duh), battery on the bottom...where does the black wire on the bottom right go, near the resistor??
Can anyone help or point me in the direction of Clay himself...that'll be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

PS It's # B31 and used to belong to A.Campbell :)

rewog

Stressfest said:
Sad day indeed...i've had a look and it seems as two wires have come away from the pots/switches. I've worked out where one goes but i have a mystery wire...
If your looking at it from the back (duh), battery on the bottom...where does the black wire on the bottom right go, near the resistor??
Can anyone help or point me in the direction of Clay himself...that'll be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Wow - what a letdown.
Do you think it was shipped like that ?
If it was me, I'd race it down to Peter at P.N. Electronics in Hamilton Hill. I'm sure he could tell where the wire came from and sort it out for you.

DocRock

Silver Supporting Member
Rambo66 said:
Man you'd think for $840 all of the wires would be attached.
+ 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 :eek:

Sorry to hear about that. I saw your other thread announcing that you had gotten it. That sucks to be so excited about something and have it end up that way. I hope you can get it fixed (and then post some clips).

Good luck,

Doc

gkelm

Silver Supporting Member
Clay is GREAT about servicing his pedals...ony problem is having to ship back to the US. Hopefully with pics, communication, and a soldering iron you can get up and running.
Greg

Stressfest

I've had a look and i can see where it attaches, problem is now pedal won't even fire up. It's dead as a doe doe :) Trying not to focus on the $840 i spent on it...and in comparison, freight will not be a problem!! haha
Thanks for all your help btw...it's really really appeciated!

esoteric pete

Silver Supporting Member
man, i hope you get this all worked out...spending that much on a pedal only to not have it work is a real bummer....

ericb

Gold Supporting Member
gkelm said:
Clay is GREAT about servicing his pedals...ony problem is having to ship back to the US. Hopefully with pics, communication, and a soldering iron you can get up and running.
Greg
My Pedals I bought directly from MI Audio , Crowther and Pedalman (All in Australia) over the years, have gotten here in less than a week , and cost barely more than US shipping.. It's so bizarre how that is , but TIS TRUE.. I got a pedal from a dude in England 2 weeks ago that came to VT in about 3 days//.... SO DON"T WORRY and good luck

ERIC

B

Big Bob

Strange that two wires came off in transit.

On a completely unrelated topic. I had a guy sell me an amp that was in "perfect working order". When it arrived it had a blown fuse (and continued to blow fuses)...he had the nerve to say it was UPSs fault.

A. Campbell used to own this one, huh?

Srry bout your pedal...when you get it working post some clips!

Bob

bullet69

Silver Supporting Member
if you bought it on ebay i would be seriously slamming the guys feedback if he doesnt kick back some money to you for the repair costs

Troubleman

Stressfest said:
Cheers

:eek: Man - that qualifies as major suckage. If you can track him down, I'm sure Clay will make it right. Bummer

jb

ericb

Gold Supporting Member
Big Bob said:
Strange that two wires came off in transit.

On a completely unrelated topic. I had a guy sell me an amp that was in "perfect working order". When it arrived it had a blown fuse (and continued to blow fuses)...he had the nerve to say it was UPSs fault.

A. Campbell used to own this one, huh?

Srry bout your pedal...when you get it working post some clips!

Bob
It is REALLY strange... BUT I've lived the same thing.. I sold a guy a Voodoo Lab Microvibe once that worked perfectly. In fact it was mint. He got it and it didn't work due to 1 wire that had become unsoldered. Simple fix.. Same happened to me once buying a mint pedal.. Strange but it can happen (as much as I really have a hard time seeing how!) ERIC

duende

Silver Supporting Member
Everytime you change a battery... those terminal lead sodder points get stressed, as there's no place for strain reliefs etc.... add to this weight of a possible loose battery flying around during shipping...

It's happened on a few of my pedals. Just normal wear and tear imo...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom