OMG...EP booster after a Tim!!!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by coralreefer, Feb 29, 2012.

1. coralreefer

coralreefer Senior Member

Been reading up on Xotic EP boosters and thought I would drop one in after my Tim pedal to see what's up...it came in the mail today and OMG!!! I'm not sure I need my littany of other overdrive pedals!! This tone that the EP helps "present" is fantastic. I am running a Strat, Tele and a LP into a Peavey Delta Blues 115 tube amp and split signal with a Fender Cyber Deluxe ss amp. I originally ran a Timmy into TS9DxFlexi or Wampler Ecstasy or HoneyBee or HoneyBeest to beef up their output. I then got a Tim and ran it after overdrives (never together with Timmy--Tim and Timmy combined without other drives actually sounded a little thin). Tim after overdrives sounded better to my ears than Timmy before. Now, I drop in EP booster (I love Tim/Timmy grit and cleanliness)...it absolutely made a beautiful tone COME ALIVE! It became accenuated, present, clear, full...alive. Like listening to a great singer sing, and then, mid note, moving closer to the microphone. Not so much louder...much more present. It even made the Timmy/Tim combo dynamite...fills in the thin spaces. Dude...you gotta tap into this!
    Can you tell I'm excited?

2. blake480

blake480 Member

I've been seriously considering one. I think i will pull the trigger very soon. I have a full tone fatboost v1 that i love. But i think this thing could replace it.

3. vegetablejoe

vegetablejoe Member

Tim/Timmy > EP ?

Do you have the EP's bright switch on or off?

That's one combination I haven't tried yet; but I have been wishing I had a smoother opamp chip to put into my Timmy than the stock JRC...

Thanks!

4. coralreefer

coralreefer Senior Member

Default setting...on...

5. ((TechnicolorSkyline))

((TechnicolorSkyline)) Supporting Member

The EP makes everything better! One of the best purchases I've ever made ;)

6. TM(tm)

TM(tm) Member

I love my EP. So much.

7. stubbyJ

stubbyJ Member

I appreciate your use of the singer in describing the experience...nice.

8. DGTCrazy

DGTCrazy Moderator de Emporio Staff Member

I run my EP at just a hair above unity gain, and with my Timmy......you ate so very correct. Also....combined with my secrete weapon ( C-Tech Sonnt Boy), my Strats sound huge!

9. Road King

Road King Supporting Member

Told ya!!!........not really...but I would have if you'd have asked.

EP is my always on pedal. I'm running two of them now. You can set one for bass boost and one normal OR run one before and one after your od's for totally different response from said OD.

10. MartinCliffe

MartinCliffe Member

+1. I have the Ltd Ed, with the +3dB turned off but the bright on, and it just adds a magic something to the tone, even with the knob all the way down.

11. 10strings

10strings Member

Try an SDD-3kp after a Tim... also very good. :)

12. darkinners

darkinners Member

I actually thinking to get an EP booster.
    any one has the experience with EP booster and Voodoo Lab Giggity ?

seems both are quite nice and Giggity has an advantage of being more versatile.
    still, choosing between these two, anyone can give me some head light? Thanks