• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Omg last nights Conan...

dougk

Gold Supporting Member
Did anyone else realize Jimmy Vivino was playing a...

<gasp>

.... A firebird X!!!!!

The sad thing is before i saw it i thought it sounded half way decent. Im embaressed

Did anyone else realize Jimmy Vivino was playing a
firebird X!!!!!

The sad thing is before i saw it i thought it sounded half way decent. Im embaressed
Why wouldn't it sound good? I mean, really, its probably a very well made guitar. Its like a Porsche Cayenne. Totally ridiculous, but worth every penny to someone, despite its...well, everything.

Marty DiBergi

Silver Supporting Member
If anything, it only means that a good guitar player can sound good with any guitar in his hands...

... and I'm sure his signal chain is pretty decent as well.

didn't see it, but i wouldn't have been surprised myself.

For the record, I actually kind of dug the first iteration of the Firebird X headstock... IDK if it's changed but it was a tasteful take on the standard headstock IMO.

dougk

Gold Supporting Member
Why wouldn't it sound good? I mean, really, its probably a very well made guitar. Its like a Porsche Cayenne. Totally ridiculous, but worth every penny to someone, despite its...well, everything.
The ones I played were ok.

Actually, i'd be willing to bet IF the pickups are indeed alnico like they are listed (instead of the ceramic mag versions they call "firebird" pickups right now) if you subtracted everything else, they would probably be pretty decent.

But as it was, the guitar itself when I played them at NAMM was fairly unimpressive.

It reminds me of that really "fancy" burger some places serve. The meat's bland and to make up for it they pile a bunch of extra crap on top but it never really improves the burger itself.

dangit... now I'm hungry :bonk

It reminds me of that really "fancy" burger some places serve. The meat's bland and to make up for it they pile a bunch of extra crap on top but it never really improves the burger itself.
Yeah, I get ya. Seems like, if you're going to put out something like that, you'd really go to extreme lengths to make it above reproach. (Other than not producing it at all.)

*Must not go get burger and fries.*

Trending Topics