On any day other than today (Pebble Beach content)

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by bsacamano, Apr 1, 2015.

1. bsacamano

bsacamano Member

So the president of the company I work for sends an email to me and four others to block off the week of June first for a work trip to Pebble Beach that will involve no actual work and loads of golf. Get an email like that on any other day and you rejoice immediately. Get it on April 1st and you wonder...

2. roundaboutmusic

roundaboutmusic Member

On any other day you can reply by saying how great that sounds and how much you are looking forward to it.

Today you must reply with nothing but a scanned image of your bare buttocks.

It is your duty.

3. BarkingTree

BarkingTree Member

Why an email? Why Pebble Beach? Why no preparation? Why Golf?Was it to you directly? or forwarded as a group?Did you guys do something wrong?What one single employment statistic do all of you share?Is it one way with an optional return flight?

4. bsacamano

bsacamano Member

We play together quite often as I'm the low handicap in the company. He's mentioned it in the past that we need to play Pebble as he's been out there several times and knows I'm a student of the history of the game. He's really not the pranking type and has been quite generous over the years I've been there.

One Monday after a weekend round four or so years ago, the controller of the company comes over and hands me a envelope and says if I have any questions, go talk to the president. Well, I open up the envelope and it's a check for $1,000. I walk down to his office and the president, without even looking up from his desk says "a guy with a swing as pretty as yours should be playing newer clubs". He noticed the beat up old driver and 3 wood in my bag that were 12 years old. I went out that afternoon and bought new clubs. It meant a lot for a guy with a young kid that didn't have getting new clubs anywhere on the priority list.

The other 4 on the email were his father and 3 executives.

While I'm inclined to believe it based on my past experiences with the guy, it is pretty unbelievable and would be a good prank.

I'll keep you all informed. The email said further details to come.

5. Guitar55

Guitar55 Who was that masked man? Silver Supporting Member

Are they hiring?

6. BarkingTree

BarkingTree Member

Sounds like your in! and going Golfing....just joking with all the paranoia..lol
    Also sounds like if you didn't Golf ...you would be at a real disadvantage so...Props to you. I can't Golf..but ..I can Fish!

7. bsacamano

bsacamano Member

The time has come. We're flying out early Monday. We play Spanish Bay Monday afternoon, Pebble Tuesday afternoon, Spyglass Wednesday morning, and Pebble again Thursday afternoon. They booked us in ocean view rooms at the Inn at Spanish Bay. I'll try to post a few picks.

mapleneck72 and ford like this.
  8. A-Bone

A-Bone Montonero, MOY, Multitudes Gold Supporting Member

Enjoy (although I'm pretty sure you will)!

9. c94123

c94123 Supporting Member

If you've never done it, Spyglass is the jewel of those courses. It is a real challenge. If it isn't windy, Pebble (while beautiful) is not that difficult of a course. Drinks on the patio while the bag pipes play at Spanish Bay is very nice. Enjoy.

10. ford

ford Supporting Member

What an amazing week you are going to have! Congrats and have fun.

11. Lone Bear

Lone Bear Member

Note to self: Work on your golf game

12. StevenS

StevenS Supporting Member

Have fun, sounds like a blast.

13. bsacamano

bsacamano Member

Played Spanish Bay yesterday.

[​IMG]

Pebble today, Spy Glass tomorrow, Pebble again Thursday.