One amp output two cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by roccster, Apr 22, 2015.

1. roccster

roccster Member

Hi folks,

Been trying to find an answer to this but mostly the result is two amps to one cab.

So I have an amp with one 16/8/4 ohm output. I want to split the signal in to two separate cabs. I have two cabs that are 16ohm, so I need to split the 8ohm output. What kind of splitter box do I need?
    Is it as simple as I think that I just need a box with three 1/4 phone jack connectors, 1 amp out to two cabs? Anyone have a blueprint on that? :)

Cheers!

2. Lespaulsignature 74

Lespaulsignature 74 Silver Supporting Member

I believe you can purchase a Y spliter cable from Pro Cables and Sound, this will enable you to do just that!

3. roccster

roccster Member

4. bigtone23

bigtone23 Member

I take it your cabs only have one input jack each. Otherwise, you could daisy chain one from the other (via parallel jacks) and send one speaker cable to the head.

5. roccster

roccster Member

Interesting, one of the cabs have a two speaker jack, don´t know how it is configured though (have to check).

If I can daisy chain them, do I still connect to the 8ohm impendence from the amp?

According to prod. descr. it says:
    2x mono inputs, wired in parallel for full stack option, so which do I connect to the other cab?

6. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

yes and yes.

set amp to 8Ω, jump one 16Ω cab to the other. "parallel" means the two jacks in the cab are the same, use either one.

speaker cables only, please.

(also, you're not "splitting the signal", that's the wrong term here; you're just running two cabs instead of one.)

7. roccster

roccster Member

Great input, thanks alot all for your help. Will give this a go :)

8. beexter

beexter Member