one and only pedal to turn plexi into a bedroom amp?

Coyote95667

Silver Supporting Member
I decided to try the dano Timmy knockoff and if I like it I'll buy the real thing and sell/trade the dano. Keeps my equity position high while I experiment. Thanks for everything.

By the way when I said "one and only" what I meant wasn't to find the only pedal that could do the "dirt" right... but a pedal that woudl be comfortable all alone in an arsenal. But the responsed I got were just great!

freaksho

i don't have a nmv Marshall and never have but if i were in your situation i would first look into the ppimv. i've heard a lot of really good clips of nmv amps with this simple mod at low volumes that sounded pretty awesome. it's worth looking into at least.

jboyjams

I decided to try the dano Timmy knockoff and if I like it I'll buy the real thing and sell/trade the dano. Keeps my equity position high while I experiment. Thanks for everything.

By the way when I said "one and only" what I meant wasn't to find the only pedal that could do the "dirt" right... but a pedal that woudl be comfortable all alone in an arsenal. But the responsed I got were just great!
Good move - I tried one too - excellent when set up right - I A/B'd it with my Gold Klon and it could get so close when set to full cleanish boost - that it prompted me to sell my Klon.

Can't wait til I come up here soon on the Tim/Timmy list.

Need to get rid of the brand new CTO-1 too...

zachman

I was having fun jamming at a friend's studio through his 100 Watt Plexi Super Lead on 10. LOUD!!! Then he hands me a pedal and asks, if I'd tried one. I hadn't. I turned the amp down to 1.5-2 (The tone got VERY skinny by comparison), plugged in the pedal, and I couldn't believe it, but that was the sound just softer.
Mbb2.jpg

He gave me the pedal to keep, and I still have it mostly for that purpose, but sometimes use it in front of my '65 Fender Super Reverb and I really like it.

gearpics004-1.jpg

SeparateWaysloadin034resized.jpg

Ken Swanson

Silver Supporting Member
Distortron or Box of Rock
+1 on that. Both those pedals were designed to do just what you are asking. I like the BOR alittle better than the distortron, I think it sounds a bit more natural, but you can''t go wrong with either. The Box of Rock turned my bandmaster into a plexi.

Top Bottom