One box to rule them all - maybe two?

Discussion in 'The Rack Space' started by swinginguitar, Nov 27, 2017.

1. looper309

looper309 Supporting Member

I just meant a footswitch for scrolling presets instead of using the knob. Want to take care of the knob and not use it to scroll from 100 to 149 for example to avoid unnecessary wear. For first learning the presets...of course eventually moving the favorite presets to their own register/bank and then use midi.

2. swinginguitar

swinginguitar Member

As I RTFMs for the 80/81, I'll be posting some questions/discussion points, that will no doubt seem elementary to those with experience with these machines (i'm looking at you, Italo). Be gentle.

First up: both machines have an "uncompromised reverb" always available in every algo. Yes? So if i were to build a rig around 2 of these, i'm always "wasting" DSP on a reverb i wouldnt be using on one box...? Or is there some trickery here in using additional reverb to do nifty things with the other fx outside of traditional 'reverb"

3. italo de angelis

italo de angelis Member

You are loosing a DSP, yes.
    Cascading reverbs is a nice studio technique. I'd say... skip it for now.

4. markiv2290

markiv2290 Member

Before buying my 80 I started a thread on HRI where I asked questions about routing. The manual is pretty good, but there were some intricacies in interpreting the manual, especially on the use of the Dual FX card, that Italo helped me with. If that can help you as well!