One Control BJF-S66 Amp U.S. Tour Box Thread (taking signups)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Visual Guy, Jul 12, 2019 at 9:39 AM.

1. Visual Guy

Visual Guy Supporting Member

Hello Fellow TGPers!

One Control wants to open an opportunity for some of us here in States the to try the new BJF-S66 Amp. This is a brand new release in 2019 packed with options and they want to know our thoughts.

What’s in the box?
    - BJF-S66 Amp
    - Power cable
    - FS-P3 Footswitch
    - Printed Amp Manual

Rules for the Tour Box:

1. Frequent TGP: A minimum of 500 posts on TGP is required to participate.
    2. Feedback: Participants must post a video or audio clip on this thread or write a detailed review of your experience with the amp.
    3. Shipping: Please pack well! Using ground or First Class is fine if/when applicable, however you will need to insure the package for $500.
    4. Time: Each participant can have 1 week to spend time with the amp.
    5. Communicate: Each participant will need to contact the next person on the list to obtain their mailing information and to confirm they would still like to be involved.
    6. Care: Goes without saying. Please take care of the equipment. Unlike pedals, this amp doesn’t live on the floor. Elevated things get bumped (or pushed by cats) into the floor. Please be conscious and proactive so it comes back safely, in like new condition.

**If for some reason you need extra time for any reason, please notify me. I need to know where the tourbox is at all times.

To be a Participant:

Send me a PM with the info below:
    - Name
    - Mailing Address (No PO Boxes unfortunately)
    - Email Address
    - Cell Phone #
    - Please include any black out weeks that you may have.

**This info is for me to help me stay organized and make contact outside of TGP if necessary in order to stay updated. I won’t share this with any other participants.

We are going to limit the participants to 15. In fairness, a first come; first serve approach is probably best. However, the order may change so that we can keep shipping costs and times down between stops. If more folks want to be included, I can keep your information for an alternate. We may possibly be able to extend it but we’ll play it by ear.

Looking forward to getting this started!

Cheers!
    Jacob

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019 at 11:10 AM
    Soothsayer likes this.
  2. Johndandry

Johndandry Supporting Member

3. mikey69

mikey69 Member

very cool offer ..it is a very nice looking and sounding amp, listened to a couple youtube vid's and was impressed, would love to try it but do not meet the requirements (not enough posts)..so here's a bump for ya

Visual Guy likes this.
  4. MIM#1

MIM#1 Member

If you do an EU tour box I'm in!
    Bumping :bumpbump

Visual Guy likes this.
  5. ebenezer

ebenezer Silver Supporting Member

6. CincyPlayer

CincyPlayer Member

Long time member, very rare poster... but, I followed our (VGuy) comment thread from your S66 YT demo(s) - to this GP thread. Alas, I can’t meet the tourbox criteria, but I am interested in opinions/comments/thoughts/clips folks may contribute . One thing I’d be particularly interested in seeing/hearing, is a setup comparing this amp to an old Deluxe Reverb, or Princeton. Apparent volume and EQ comparisons would be very useful. I’m interested in this one, but the Quilter 202 head is also on my radar. I have an Aviator 12 which is nice for jazz, but I just can’t dial out a certain SS effect on the tone... I digress - if the S66 is on par with my One Control pedals, it should “sound” and “feel” very good! Thx for starting this.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019 at 2:47 PM
    Visual Guy likes this.
  7. Visual Guy

Visual Guy Supporting Member

8. oansun

oansun Supporting Member