One of a kind ZVEX SHO -- how much do you think it's worth?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 30secs, Feb 29, 2012.

1. 30secs

30secs Member

Just wondering how much you guys think this pedal is worth on the market?

[​IMG]

2. cwcashiniv

cwcashiniv Member

I'll give ya $20 for it :aok

I usually see painted SHOs go around these parts for $160 in great shape like this. I would say $160-170 is what you could expect, maybe more on Fleabay, but the fees are what hurts on the Bay.

3. 30secs

30secs Member

Even though it's one of a kind? It's not like the other hand painted one... the guys wants like $290 for it..

4. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

"One of a kind" isn't THAT big of a deal with ZVex because there are many hundreds of "one of a kind" ZVex pedals. If they are hand painted, they're all actually "one of a kind" even if they have the same basic design. They're all unique in some way. If that guy can find someone who wants that exact SHO and that is also willing to pay $20+ more than a new custom color one costs then he might sell it. I'm sure you can find a glitter SHO for $200 or less if you look around though.

The ZVex custom shop takes orders now too so you can get a brand new one (which comes with protection diode, DC jack, and LED now) in a similar color for less than dude is asking.

5. japanmoran

japanmoran Member

Nope not worth that.

6. vanguard

vanguard Member

there are thousands of "one of one" zvex pedals out there. it means virtually nothing.

7. lux_interior

lux_interior Member

...not to mention that all of the other "one of a kind" SHOs are much prettier and much different than this, which just has the old bee design with glitter instead of yellow/gold paint.

8. cwcashiniv

cwcashiniv Member

That was my underlying point. "one-of-a-kind" has been beaten, killed, and buried long long ago with ZVex. Most all painted products have their own uniqueness to them.

9. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

10. voorhiessa

voorhiessa Member

I'd never pay more than $150 for a one knob boost.

11. mbargav

mbargav Member

$290 is insane. I sold my one-of-a-kind SHO a few years back for $145 or something.

12. vanguard

vanguard Member

yeah, when you look inside and see the 6 radio-shack-available parts in there:facepalm

it's a great boost, but it's a bit overpriced as it is. even spending $290 strictly from a collector (i.e. not utilitarian) standpoint would be madness.

13. Painasusual

Painasusual Member

290 is madness. Don't do it.

14. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

If that's one of a kind... it must be my old pedal cause I used to have one just like it. :nuts

Even if it was one of a kind it isn't worth what that guy is asking.

15. 78deluxe

78deluxe Member

Not worth anything close to that, even for a collector.

In this market....I would literally cap an offer at about $140 (and that's only if I was in LOVE with the design). Normally I wouldn't make an offer, but the asking price is so far out of line with what the pedal is worth, might want to give him a reality check.

16. tibbon

tibbon Member

Is the OP trolling? I've seen dozens that looked like that one, unless I'm missing something.

17. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

ZVex actually doesn't do very much holoflake like that. Usually its just one color. For ZVex glitters this one is rarer than most but "one-of-a-kind" ZVex pedals are very common.

18. It's Time!

It's Time! Senior Member

At the NAMM show ZVex always has a bunch of pedals painted special for the show.

19. lux_interior

lux_interior Member

I must say that the NAMM ones - and some of these that are available every now and then on his site - are very, very pretty. If money was no object, I would definitely get such a SHO, or one of the Box of Rock one-offs. Not to keep it as a collector's item, but just for the sake of the fetish side of GAS.

20. It's Time!

It's Time! Senior Member

Yep, I have been to the Winter NAMM show in Anaheim a bunch of times and I have talked with Zachary Vex a bunch of times. There are always a bunch of guys checking out the custom painted pedals for the show. They're like works of art painted by Jason Myrold.

Jason Myrold at NAMM painting pedals.

[​IMG]