One of the foot switches on my Eventide ModFactor started acting up!

Burstbucker

I bought a barely used Eventide ModFactor pedal a couple of months ago at a pawnshop, it looked like a brand new pedal, the protective clear tape over the front of the pedal hadn't even been peeled off yet. Got it for a really good price too, but no warranty either of course.

The pedal has worked flawlessly since I bought it but just the other night, all of a sudden the middle footswitch was not responding, I could hear a click when I would push down on it but it wouldn't engage, I tried powering it down and restarting it but that did nothing.

After many tries it cleared and has never happened again. I'm a little bit put off by it now, there's no way of knowing if that will come back in the future.

It might just be a crap quality footswitch like what Line 6 was using twenty years ago in their foot-controllers (I hope not) or maybe it is something that could be cleaned with some de-oxit....or maybe it's a dodgy relay on the PCB?

Not sure if I can trust this thing now. It's pretty disappointing to see something that retails for just under $600.00 Canadian after taxes be unreliable.

Anybody care to chime in?

Burstbucker

Ok, from doing a bit of research it looks like this switch problem is not unheard of and apparently contacting tech support might be beneficial.

If they could at least mail me the switches that would be a big help.

Orville71

Vendor
Hi, Burstbucker, I can assure you we use high-quality switches. We know people are stomping on these things all the time and take pride in the components we use. You can certainly try cleaning it first. However, the best thing to do would be to have the switch replaced. It's the actual switch on the motherboard so the repair would need to be done by a technician who has experience soldering surface-mounted components on a PC board.

Trending Topics