• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

One of the solos from Clapton's "Hideaway"

arthur rotfeld

Silver Supporting Member
I put a little video together to illustrate a few points to one of my students, and figured I share it here too. Not all that much of a lesson, more of demo, but could be helpful to some....

This is the Clapton solo from right after the first riff (@1:01) from the classic Beano album.

Rafterman

Gold Supporting Member
Excellent lesson! Very well done. You HAVE to post more. Is that a '59 Cutom shop Les Paul?

arthur rotfeld

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks, guys! Rafterman (like that name!), nothing so fancy, that's just my '85 LP, a plain old LP Standard from the 80s. Well, it's got SS frets, pickups I swapped from my mid 90s 335 (so whatever those are) and I put in new pots and '50s wiring.

I'll post another section, if you like. Pick 12-bars and I'll do it!

sanhozay

klon free since 2009
Gold Supporting Member
fantastic! thanks, man; happy holiday/merry xmas/war is over/and so on!

PdL

Platinum Supporting Member
You nailed it. Nice work! Lots of classic blues/rock licks in that tune. The one right at the end (starts about 1:12) is a classic early Clapton lick.

arthur rotfeld

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks, Pdl!

Tweed, I have a Tascam clip-on condenser mic for my i-phone.

I used to use a pretty nice video camera, but this is just so much easier. The only drawback is no editing, it's direct to youtube. (But that's a plus too, actually.)

Trending Topics