One pedal, that is currently still made today, that sounds the most the most like Jimi Hendrix's tone?

Rydock

The Mojo Hand Crosstown is an amazing fuzz face into a clean amp. It’s easy to dial it into most amps with the tone and body controls. Also does that glassy clean-up with a strat volume knob. I run mine through the clean channel of my HRD IV. It even has an internal bias control if you need to tweak in a bit more squish.

Fulldrive-1

Wrong premise.

Jimi didn't play through a "clean amp."

Get an old Marshall or a reissue.

Blue dunlop fuzzface
Wah
Fulltone deja-vibe

Premanand

You can't do it with one pedal & you need to play the guitar upside down struñg backwards with huge hands immense talent blues n soul in the blood and a supremely jovial disposition. Oh, and loads of acid.

RolandKorg

Have you seen this guy's channel? Lots of Hendrix stuff.
But, yeah—not with just one pedal.

Buying a strat got me miles closer to a Hendrix-esque sound than any pedal or amp i've got. That said, The big blue Fuzz Face would be my choice. Theres lots of good fuzzface type pedals out there but this one is round and the in/out jacks are backwards!!!

Will Vaughan

I would have said Fulltone '69, but I'm not sure it's made anymore. I've had the best luck (fuzz wise) with Orange's Fur Coat - while it's based on a Tone Foxx Machine, with my gear I can get several Jimi tones out of it. I do like the Jimi Fuzz Faces as well, but they're not as tweakable.

macrossgeorge

Gold Supporting Member
Uni-Vibe
Wah-Wha

So much of Jimi's later recordings (not the recordings from his 3 official studio albums) and later bootlegs included the univibe (correct me if I am wrong about that) or some sort of vibrato or harmonic vibrato. Whenever I use Harmonic Tremolo/Vibrato I think of Hendrix. I am very lucky to have a brownface era fender with harmonic vibrato and I always think of him when I use that. I also think of him when I use the Harmonic tremolo on my Subdecay Vagabond pedal.

Jimi Hendrix was a huge influence in how I use my wah wha pedal so that also reminds me of him.

Trending Topics