One piece back?

LBXPDX

I looked it over in person, and quite a few times in the pic, I'm pretty sure this is a one piece back. The few spots that potentially look like a seam, upon further inspection are not. I know that it doesn't affect tone, just curious. It is a 2012 Les Paul Traditional Pro I have on layaway. I forgot to take a pic of the bottom of the guitar, otherwise I would have posted that too.

http://s139.photobucket.com/user/pdxbmw/media/guitars/A6858B39-10FD-4DDC-8290-A22053DD1686_zpsqukgb3wq.jpg.html] [/URL]

tea312

Tell tale sign would be at the lower bout at the center of the strap button by looking at the end grain to see grain run.

Beautiful grain and I have a couple of 2 seamers that are equal or better with the 1 pieces I own both aesthetically or sonically.

Enjoy!

AdmiralB

I have a 2012 Trad, it's two-piece right down the middle. But it's a very very good match.

That one looks the same to me. Actually it might be three-piece; there sure looks to be a parting line going through the toggle cavity.

C-4

It could be either a one or two piece back. The grain reflects it being a 2 piece model, but as mentioned,, the end grain on the rim will be the deciding factor.
The wood looks similar to African mahogany, with the striping effect. That appears to me to be where the conflict comes from in determining how many pieces it might be. Sometimes the grain can be deceiving.

Yamariv

Like all the other have said, only way to really confirm is look at the grain at the strap button

archey

Looks like a one piece to me. There's a lot of striping in that piece of mahogany, so it does look like a center seam. But if you zoom in you can see the grain going over what appears to be the seam. Does Gibson use African mahogany now?

LBXPDX

It's on layaway on the other side of town, so I probably won't get over there until next payment/next month. I got a killer deal, roughly $5 bucks a day for 5 months. I like knowing it is literally costing me pocket change and coffee. I'm in no need to pay it off early, I have too many guitars as is, but I can't pass up a good deal. I'll post an endgrain pic once I can get one.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom