One quality pedal for chorus, phase, flange, modulation?

Does this exist? I have room on my board for one more 9 V powered pedal. However I'd like a phaser, a flanger possibly tremolo, maybe more. Let's pretend budget doesn't matter :)

R.C.Moran

Gold Supporting Member
9v at what power? Lower power, the Donner alchemy springs to mind as an option that would give you all those effects. At higher ratings, there's the Empress Nebulus (you can get tremolo on the trem chorus with chorus turned all the way down). Beyond that you have the Mobius, a personal favorite of mine, which will give you all you want and more.

smitty.west

Not 9v and big & expensive, but the FoxRox TZF, if you can track one down, could do pretty much all of that and sound great. You said to pretend budget doesn't matter :D Best part is it's 100% analog and designed by the genial Dave Fox! The only modulation pedal I ever regretted letting go of.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
Isn't this what the Möbius does?
If you "need" all that, then more room is necessary.

These days, it seems normal just to have one versatile modulation. I use an MXR univibe and the tremolo from the Flint.

DakotaRed

The Strymon Deco might work.

Not much love for it around here but it's possibly my all time favorite pedal.

maydaynyc

Gold Supporting Member
Does the H9 have good Trem sounds? I've never tried a modfactor.
I believe it can do just about anything you want and much more depending on the algorithms you buy. I'd suggest watching some the youtube demos, especially anything by Pete Thorn.

Try this one to start
First sound he makes is a tremolo + reverb.

voorhiessa

What single pedals can do multiple mod sounds independently of each other? Of course, that requires multiple footswitches...

goodsal

Silver Supporting Member
Don't turn your nose up at it, but the Zoom MS-CDR70 is fantastic for modulation, as well as delays and reverbs, and is the size of a standard pedal. You can combine any of these effects, it's not limited to one at a time.

Ugly Bunny

+1 for the Mobius.
+1 for the H9.

Cool thing about the mobius is that you can use it both in front of and in the loop of your amp. You just chose a setting in each patch if you want it pre or post.

The H9, however has a smaller footprint and can load ALL of Eventide's current arsenal of effects, including the Space reverb pedal's algorithms, which, frankly, are superb.

Two more viable options: The TC Electronic Dreamscape (Chorus, Vibrato, Flanger, Toneprint) and the Zoom MS-70CDR: it's got a full arsenal of time-based effects as well as EQs and other filters (86 total). You can have up to 6 at once (depending on DSP, and the "line selector" must be one of the effects if you put multiple effects on one patch). Tap tempo, preset/perfomance made, super intuitive...

Ugly Bunny

Don't turn your nose up at it, but the Zoom MS-CDR70 is fantastic for modulation, as well as delays and reverbs, and is the size of a standard pedal. You can combine any of these effects, it's not limited to one at a time.
ninja'd :)

I think my only disappointment with the Zoom was that some of the algorithms use a LOT of DSP and you can only have like 2 or 3 effects; The Hall HD reverb is one of these - it's very lush and clean but basically eats up a third of the DSP. But otherwise it's not common to run into DSP limit errors unless you're REALLY trying out some crazy stuff - like 6 Deluxe Memory Mans in a row...

PBGas

Silver Supporting Member
H9! I have 2 of them on my board. One in the loop and the other to the front. Absolutely outstanding!

lhama

There are very few jack of all trades, kings all pedals. Mobius is the closest in the mod department, imo. I'm not a fan of the phaser and chorus of the H9. The Mobius sounds more "classic". If you want smaller and cheaper, then consider the Zoom options. They are not bad.

Trending Topics