1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

One space rack?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Wheeler004, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Wheeler004

Wheeler004 Member

I use only one rackmounted effect and I was wondering if there are any one space racks out there. Anyone know of anything?

2. elkym

elkym Member

I recall somebody talking about this issue before... I think their answer was to somehow mount their rack effect in their pedal board...

I don't have many accessories... so I really don't know.

3. TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies Member

One of the pedalboard companies has that. If you search, brad whitford, his pedalboard is one of them. It's like a trailer trash style board with a 1u rackspace.

4. Wheeler004

Wheeler004 Member

Sounds cool, but I'm really not looking for a new board... just looking for a one space rack. Anyone else have any ideas?

5. James

James Member

They're quite rare, but a few companies do make them. I have two made by a company called USA Cases. They're carpet-covered one-space rack cases.I've seen some shock-mounted one-space rack on ebay made by Nelson cases, but don't know anything else about them. Hybrid Cases used to make a a one-space rack bag.

Most case companies will make one for you custom. Sometimes you can find them on ebay used. They're not terribly popular so they're kinda hard to come by.

I like one-space racks myself. Less is more.

Good luck with your search.

6. TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies Member

www.innerspacecases.com. They do all the custom work I've ever needed.

7. gatordoc

gatordoc Member

You could get a 2-space rack and add a Furman power supply/line conditioner. You can then plug the rack unit power cord into the Furman as well as the power supply for your pedals, any ac adaptors, and amp power cords. I have my rig set up like this and the Furman is not only a nice, neat solution for all your power cords, but it also removes electrical hiss, popping noises, etc., protects your equipment, and allows you to turn everything on/off with a single switch.

8. missing_dave

missing_dave Member