one spot and line 6 users question

gregorybj

Can a one spot power Line6 products such as the modelers and even the pod xt live...safely?

Thanks!

soundchaser59

Thank You Great Spirit!
Gold Supporting Member
and watch for matching polarity (center - or +?) and make sure you do not exceed the current capacity supplied by the 1-Spot with the total drawn by all the pedals.

Weav69

The 1 SPOT will power the big Line 6 modelers like the DL4, MM4, etc with the CL6 adapter which basically changes the polarity and jack size. Even though those pedals say 9 volts AC they actually run on DC. So if you have the 1 SPOT with the CL6 adapter on each Line 6 pedal you can power those pedals. It will not power the POD series because these need 9 volt AC not DC. The 1 SPOT will also power the Tone Core series however because of poor power supply filtering on those pedals you may get noise if you use more then one of these on a daisy chain. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.

Weav69

and watch for matching polarity (center - or +?) and make sure you do not exceed the current capacity supplied by the 1-Spot with the total drawn by all the pedals.
The 1 SPOT has plenty of current for the DL4 etc. These pedals pull about 200mA. But it is still a good idea to keep an eye on the amount of current your pulling. Thanks. cheers,

kurt1981

Silver Supporting Member
I've been powering my MM4 with a 1 spot with no issues, but I've read a bunch of posts saying this is a bad move, anyone care to set it straight? I don't wanna blow this pedal up, especially after a $100 keeley mod that made it a keeper forever.

hendrixstrat

I've been powering my MM4 with a 1 spot with no issues, but I've read a bunch of posts saying this is a bad move, anyone care to set it straight? I don't wanna blow this pedal up, especially after a $100 keeley mod that made it a keeper forever.
DON'T DO IT!! Maybe some people got lucky. and even though the VS website says it's OK, the Onespot fried my DL4.. I was running a boss tuner, comp, and DL4,nowhere near maxing it out..Now it won't power up even with the Line 6 adapter...I was actually just looking for a repair center when I saw this thread..Carrying the stock power supply will save you a headache..

Last edited:

JackJordan

I powered a DL-4, MM-4 and several other pedals on the same 1spot for about a year without any troubles. I'm not an electrician in the least so I don't know how safe it was, but it never gave me any problems. :beer

kurt1981

Silver Supporting Member
See, this is what frustrates me, most people say it's cool, even Bob from visual sound, and I imagine he wouldn't suggest this unless he was pretty confident because he'd have a lot of pissed off customers if it backfired, yet there are some who swear it's a bad idea. As the line 6 pedals run on 9 volts, and my understanding is their adapter converts to DC, I see no issue, but what do I know. Just wanna figure this out, having their adapter is a pain and if I could avoid it I would.
Kurt

Trending Topics