One time Chase Bliss pedal coming in. UPDATE: It’s a collab with Cooper FX and their generation loss

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by guitarman92, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Baskervils

Baskervils Member

I don't know too much about pedal construction, but this had me curious. So, Joel (Chase Bliss) and Tom (Cooper FX) have been able to collaborate because they program their pedals using Spin FV-1? This must also affect the way the pedals sound.

I was messing around with the Gen Loss and I was wondering if the reason why the Warped Vinyl II and Generation Loss sound different to the ZVex LoFi Junky and the Mid-Fi Pitch Pirate, outside of design decisions made by the developers, also has to do with the programming, construction materials or both?

2. Gallery

Gallery Supporting Member

Out for Delivery!

Pellecaster likes this.
  3. Shoegazer47

Shoegazer47 Member

Just got a tracking number!

Artm Ztsv and Pellecaster like this.
  4. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

Close but not quite. Dark World AFAIK was the first Chase Bliss pedal to use the FV1. All the other prior Chase Bliss pedals were analog effects with digital control. The FX1 is a digital device. Tom Majeski/Cooper designed the programs for the Dark side of Dark World so that was the start of the collab. Then an unrelated guy took the eproms out of a Gen Loss and put them in a Dark World to make an almost Gen Loss in the Chase Bliss control architecture. Then Tom and Joel made them a real thing for this release.

As to your last question - different pedals are different. That's all there is to it. The designers are pursuing different goals with different tools.

5. Artm Ztsv

Artm Ztsv Member

Nice!

Mine should be delivered tomorrow.

I paid 80 EUR import tax and they still charged me an additional 11 EUR Brokerage fee. I thought this delivery option had customs clearance included... Waiting for them to comment on my email.

6. Tabor

Tabor Supporting Member

They did collaborate and the FV-1 is a technology involved but that technology is not required for two builders to collaborate as one of @whoismarykelly’s earlier post seems to imply.

Chase Bliss could absolutely work together with Mid-fi and they don’t need this chip to accomplish that collaboration.

The Brothers was a collaboration with Resonant Electronic Design and there’s a collaboration with Benson in the works. Neither uses the chip in question.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    friend33 and Baskervils like this.
  7. Shoegazer47

Shoegazer47 Member

I wrote them not to include this option and that I will deal with the customs myself. Hope it is not too late though.
    I don't want to deal with this nonsense!

Artm Ztsv likes this.
  8. XiXora

XiXora Member

I just got a reply back. It didn't have customs clearance.

Artm Ztsv likes this.
  9. seanp33

seanp33 Member

Mine arrives today as well. Wish I could sneak out of work early.

10. aaronjcurtis

aaronjcurtis Member

When I bought the pedal I had to agree (click a box) that stated customs clearance, duties, and applicable taxes were my responsibility. I’m assuming everyone had to do the same thing.

Artm Ztsv likes this.
  11. XiXora

XiXora Member

I had the same thought myself but when I see more than one person saying "omg I got a customs bill", I started to doubt myself.

Quickest reply ever though. I would have thought he would have better things to do than answer my silly questions.

Shoegazer47 and Artm Ztsv like this.
  12. chaseblissaudio

chaseblissaudio Vendor

I *think* we'll get them all out today. We are through about 930 of 1000 so just 70 more labels to print. We went in order received so that's why some got there's right away and some people are still waiting.

13. Artm Ztsv

Artm Ztsv Member

Hm, I see. Thanks for the info.

I guess I read "Door-to-door service with in-house customs clearance included" and thought that was it.

Anyway. Excited to try the pedal out soon.

14. aaronjcurtis

aaronjcurtis Member

well, it does include customs clearance handling, but you have to pay for it, so the price doesn’t include it, but the service does. Not sure if that makes any sense.

Artm Ztsv likes this.
  15. Artm Ztsv

Artm Ztsv Member

It does. Sort of :) Thanks!

16. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

17. seanp33

seanp33 Member

18. Jason Calieri

Jason Calieri Silver Supporting Member

Hey there’s one on Reverb for the low low price of $1899

19. Pellecaster

Pellecaster Member

I’m impressed to see 3 Pladask pedals on one board, so very cool, do you have a fabrikat hiding on the other side? :beer

sprawlstopper likes this.
  20. aaronjcurtis

aaronjcurtis Member

Man! I’ll sell mine for that. LOL.

dshobe likes this.