One time Chase Bliss pedal coming in. UPDATE: It’s a collab with Cooper FX and their generation loss

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by guitarman92, Oct 21, 2019.

1. seanp33

seanp33 Member

Offered him 10 cents *fingers crossed*

2. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

I have two Fabrikats :D
    [​IMG]

3. Pellecaster

Pellecaster Member

Haha I like, I like :dude and no less than 3 Hexe revolvers :banana the switching is interesting and that ghost pedal...

Dandolin likes this.
  4. seanp33

seanp33 Member

Well there just went two hours playing with this thing that arrived today. Just absolutely blown away.

friend33, songtalk, vlammie and 3 others like this.
  5. Gallery

Gallery Supporting Member

I’m about 30 minutes in and can’t say I’m blown away yet, but I am very happy. Hopefully I will be even more enamored as I better understand how the controls interact. Time to actually read the manual before I dig back in.

Tabor likes this.
  6. chankgeez

chankgeez Member

Oh, yeah, fair warning, I plan on buying all these up on/off the open market & then resellin' 'em at twice the price. :dunno:D

7. Tabor

Tabor Supporting Member

They are selling pretty high... looks like a few for over $700. I wish they weren’t mostly because that kind of price might tempt me to list mine someday and just keep the regular GL instead. The volume drop doesn’t matter as much to me bc I run it in the loop of a delay most often instead of in series. Not sold on the “noise” sounds out of the CB model in the video above... I’ll find out soon (should arrive today).

succor likes this.
  8. aaronjcurtis

aaronjcurtis Member

I’d definitely sell mine for $700 USD no doubt there. If there any Canadians out there.... haha.

Awesome pedal though. So many different sounds out of it. I’m actually using mine as a lofi chorus mostly. Just sounds excellent.

p.j., dshobe and Tabor like this.
  9. pyna

pyna Member

mine’s showing up friday. my understanding is the gen knob is sample rate reduction (not sure if just that, or that plus some extra stuffs). either way that makes me happy - sample rate reduction is a fantastic sound, when paired with filters - which we’ve got here - and especially great when everything is moving a bit.

until friday i am only theorizing, but the two knob impl for the filter seems real practical for use with sample rate reduction. low pass for beauty, high pass for style.

vlammie, jondom22 and Pellecaster like this.
  10. jondom22

jondom22 Supporting Member

Same here on all fronts! Mines showing up Friday and I love sample rate reduction and filters. Sweeping both of those with dip switches or expression is gonna be mad fun.

11. Tabor

Tabor Supporting Member

Preliminary experiments: I'm surprised how different it is from the Generation Loss. Obviously not worlds apart or anything but I couldn't quite make them sound identical in a number of ways. There's a general "vintage" kind of hazy vibe to the GL overall where the CB stays clearer. The ringmod-ish tone from the Gen knob is more pronounced on the CB...

There's a certain kind of distant AM radio type setting that I like on the GL that I can't quite replicate because the filters don't seem to sound quite the same. I do prefer the noise knob on the original vs noise switch but the flutter control is kind of its own type of noise control and I like that one so far too...

Overall I'm happy I didn't sell my original (yet) because they sound different from each other but I also sort of wish they sounded exactly the same to me so I could label one redundant or the other one overkill and sell it.

I want to try all these dog named settings in the manual...

12. Phopper

Phopper Member

People buying this for $700 when CooperFX is releasing an almost identical version with full production support. :bonk

13. Tabor

Tabor Supporting Member

Without ramping... maybe without the Aux footswitch features... but yeah pretty similar but won’t it likely also be very difficult to get?

I’ll be interested in the GL V2 from CooperFX but what do you mean by “full production support”?

I anticipate it will be like other Cooper releases: smallish batch available once a year that sells out very quickly (last one sold out in 2 minutes).

And I expect CB will provide any support necessary for their pedals.

Good news is that people can get CooperFX standard GL right now for not much more than what they cost during the 2 minutes they were available this past spring.

14. axdxm

axdxm Supporting Member

I agree in theory that the noise mod as a knob control vs preset switch is more appealing, but on the Cooper FX version I felt like the first maybe 10% of the pot sweep was usable before it got weird. The CBA version 2 noise presets are right in the "sweet spots" of that 10%, imo. I like how you can also add flutter independently on the CBA version, but actually on that one, I like maybe the first 10% of its knob range before it gets too weird, haha. The fact you can save the presets on the CBA is infinitely valuable to me.

If I had one small request to change (and I mean small), I wish the flutter had an additional control for pitch vibrato amount. I think the flutter is almost like a fast tremolo with a cool wave character (very similar to actual scrape flutter), but I wish it also had a small amount of pitch modulation.

Trying the CBA Gen Loss on guitar is awesome, but man...running synths through it is instant Boards of Canada. I could not be happier right now. Bravo to both Joel Korte and Tom Majeski for their work in creating what is probably my favorite pedal. I am obsessed with that "Nostalgic" sound from cassettes, VHS and vinyl and I think between the Gen Loss and the Warped Vinyl HIFI I have all my bases covered.

mgscheue, friend33, dshobe and 2 others like this.
  15. Gallery

Gallery Supporting Member

Cooper FX just signed on with MAS Distro for distribution. This opens up opportunities with a huge network of global and domestic dealers and leads me to believe he will ramp up production significantly making these more readily available.

friend33, Phopper, Tabor and 2 others like this.
  16. CreoleDave

CreoleDave Supporting Member

Like the rabbit in the classic film “Snatch,” mine arrived proper ****ed. ‍♂️

17. Tri Pedal Reviews

Tri Pedal Reviews Member

Good lord

dshobe and axdxm like this.
  18. Jason Calieri

Jason Calieri Silver Supporting Member

Holy hell! That's insane. I've never seen damage to a pedal like that.

Shoegazer47 likes this.
  19. Raymond Lin

Raymond Lin Member

That isn't dropped, it was crushed good and proper.... Like fell off the truck and backed over.

Shoegazer47 likes this.
  20. oansun

oansun Supporting Member

incredible