One time Chase Bliss pedal coming in. UPDATE: It’s a collab with Cooper FX and their generation loss

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by guitarman92, Oct 21, 2019.

1. slide13

slide13 Supporting Member

I use blue painters tape on the bottom of all my pedals. Two strips long enough to cover the whole base of the pedal. Then I attach velcro to that. It works great on almost all pedals and comes off clean. There are some textures that it won't stick to, my flat black 1981 DRV is one. And it doesn't hold strong enough on mini pedals really. But for full size pedals it works awesome in my experience.

2. JackfromAK

JackfromAK Gold Supporting Member

Current board: Mood into Gen Loss into Tonal Recall RKM. Beautiful.

3. msnes335

msnes335 Supporting Member

Mine arrived on Friday, didn't have a chance to plug in until this afternoon, and sadly it appears to be DOA:(. I figured I'd troubleshoot with you guys first though before contacting Joel just in case I'm missing something obvious. I plugged the pedal into one of the taps on my Fuel Tank Chameleon, it was set for 9v, I believe each tap on there is 300 mA. The pedal did not light up, or pass a signal. Then I switched it to another tap, and another power cable, just in case it was a bad cable, still no lights, no signal coming through. I imagine the pedal is buffered, not TB, so if there's no power then no signal is going to get through? Then I turned everything off, hooked the GL up to an EHX wall wart, (which came with one of their digital pedals, so I'm assuming it provides at least 200 mA), and ran the GL by itself straight into the amp, and still no lights, no bypassed signal.

Am I missing something, or did I just receive a dud? Fwiw, there was no apparent issue with the shipping, it didn't look like any UPS drivers used it for target practice, like the one a few pages ago.

4. Dreams Burn Down

Dreams Burn Down Member

I’d just drop CB a line and troubleshoot it with them. Their customer service is great. Could be something as easily fixable as the daughter board jiggling loose during shipping.

msnes335 likes this.
  5. TedJames

TedJames Member

I’m assuming they weren’t all fired about signing up a global distribution partner because they were planning on selling LESS of these things. The whole point would seem to be “MAS.”

And I would be quite intrigued if Mas Distro’s business model involved “distributing” products that are largely unavailable. Unless that is, they are running the same game as those Ticketmaster “partner” ticket scalpers It turned out Ticketmaster intentionally courts, and their “model” is simply getting in early and flipping these things on Reverb. Like whoever it is who bought all those pink DRV 1981s that are currently for sale well above direct pricing on Reverb - i.e. they have the capital to rathole them with the plan to force anyone who actually wants to play one to pay “MAS.”

6. aaronjcurtis

aaronjcurtis Member

Great pedal the GL is. I’m getting some white noise when the buffer is on, or I engage the pedal (with buffer off). No signal being passed through. I get that it’s sort of a silly question given the nature of this pedal, but should there be an “always on” white noise hum from the pedal? I’ve been running it last in my chain so I have the buffer turned on, which means even when I’m not using the pedal I get an added white noise to my signal. That seems odd to me. Anyone else have this?

7. Tabor

Tabor Supporting Member

It does add just a little noise or hiss just being on with mix at full ccw. I have the buffer off for this reason.

Other Lo-fi effects are like this too (Demedash). My Cooper GL is quiet.

Baskervils likes this.
  8. Baskervils

Baskervils Member

FYI, I wrote to Chase Bliss to see if they sell raw baseplates for pedalboards and they do not. They have custom enclosures and these are unavailable. They would probably make a killing selling base plates as accessories on their site. In the meantime, I will follow the advice of folks here and use console / painter's tape on the bottom of my Generation Loss.

9. Matt Hooper

Matt Hooper Member

Just use the Dual Lock. When it’s time to remove it take the back off and heat up the DL with a hair dryer from behind. Peels straight off.

dshobe, aaronjcurtis and Baskervils like this.
  10. Baskervils

Baskervils Member

That is good to know. I used Dual Lock on one of my pedals and I had a helluva time getting it off. The hair dryer trick will be a huge help!

11. aaronjcurtis

aaronjcurtis Member

how about if mix is fully CCW?

12. Tabor

Tabor Supporting Member

Yeah, like I was saying above, it does add some noise or hiss with the mix knob all the way down (fully ccw).

This happens if the pedal is engaged or if it is disengaged but set to buffered bypass.

Set to true bypass and disengaged it obviously doesn’t make hiss or noise (or sounds or even “music” either for that matter ;)).

13. aaronjcurtis

aaronjcurtis Member

Ooops! I thought you said CW. Sorry! Good to hear.

Tabor likes this.
  14. aaronjcurtis

aaronjcurtis Member

Such a fun pedal! Takes the phrase “always on sweetener” to a new level. Haha.

Tabor likes this.
  15. axdxm

axdxm Supporting Member

Made a little tune yesterday with the Gen Loss. Super fun pedal...and I haven't even explored the ramping yet, haha.

16. magnus02

magnus02 Member

Nice! Enjoyed that.

Was getting to the end of the thread and starting wonder if anyone is making music with these yet or just flipping them endlessly...

Shoegazer47 and hippieboy like this.
  17. LeighJS

LeighJS Member

Had my first play with the GL tonight and wow, it's really great! I like the sound and voicings in it considerably more than my OG 2019 GL … the controls somehow seem more responsive and there's more detail in the knob movements. It's also significantly quieter than the OG … so happy! :)

seanp33 likes this.
  18. lxm

lxm Member

Interesting. I prefer the OG Gen Loss but MIDI/presets win.

19. LeighJS

LeighJS Member

Indeed interesting! Perhaps it’s because I use the GL mainly as an insert effect on my mixer or with synths / Kalimba, rather than in traditional guitar -> amp way, and so I’m more sensitive to noise etc.

20. 7thString

7thString Member

Totally missed the drop on this pedal. Now I'm kicking myself. 0% chance of a 2nd run?