One time Chase Bliss pedal coming in. UPDATE: It’s a collab with Cooper FX and their generation loss

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by guitarman92, Oct 21, 2019.

1. chaseblissaudio

chaseblissaudio Vendor

so, the switch is only for dry amount. None, small (set by internal trimmer), or unity. So if you want your clean signal to be unity and just dial in a tiny bit of crazy you just turn the wet volume really close to off (which is all the way CCW).

2. lxm

lxm Member

That's cool you can change it internally! I take it back :)

3. slide13

slide13 Supporting Member

I take it back about these maybe lasting a couple days...it's clearly looking like that isn't going to happen. Impressive! Really excited to play with mine and I have to say, these surprise Chase Bliss releases are a lot of fun. First Mood and now this, love it!

4. Baskervils

Baskervils Member

Gawd... 140 / 1000 left.

Gallery likes this.
  5. Dreams Burn Down

Dreams Burn Down Member

The extra cost with being Canadian is gonna hurt on this one, but Andy’s demo sold me. I’m in.

vlammie likes this.
  6. jnam

jnam Supporting Member

7. CoastalRyan

CoastalRyan Supporting Member

I pulled the trigger on this. Looks interesting.

8. guff

guff Member

Had to do it. I bought & sold a v2 GL shortly after getting it to fund one of my white whales and then the prices spiked. It's been haunting me ever since.

This is collaboration done right.
    Competing companies should make this a case study, take a figurative page out of the CBA book instead of just copying the notes and writing their name on top :BluesBros

succor and seanp33 like this.
  9. JackfromAK

JackfromAK Gold Supporting Member

I got one, there were 101 left. I really like the Gen Loss I got from the last run so I figure I can't go wrong.

Tabor likes this.
  10. Tabor

Tabor Supporting Member

I don’t use MIDI (yet) but this is a good point... I still like that the Shallow Water can respond to dynamic changes on its own and its only $225 used vs the $800+ I’d have to spend to get this and a Zoia...

...in any event my main point was they’re both cool modulation pedals with different sounds and capabilities. I suppose you could also use MIDI to randomize features on this new GL and make it sound more unpredictable like the SW...

11. seanp33

seanp33 Member

12. Tabor

Tabor Supporting Member

Likewise...fomo wins again...
    I’ve had a GL for a little while now and I really like the sounds. This looks like an expanded and improved version in most every way. The noise toggle vs knob is something I’ll be curious to compare though. Conceptually I wish it was a knob so I could ramp it and make waves of noise...

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  13. cosmic_ape

cosmic_ape Supporting Member

Shoot. I really shouldn’t buy one of these... but they sound so good and they’re selling like hotcakes!

14. See3po

See3po Member

80 left. That’s like one every three mins since the last update. I wonder it they thought these would sell so fast. Maybe should have made 2000 of them instead!

15. Young Gun

Young Gun Member

I actually checked with my wife first (for once). Her response: "Whateverrrr..." That's good enough for me! Can't wait to channel my inner Boards of Canada.

johnetone, hippieboy, dshobe and 2 others like this.
  16. pyna

pyna Member

haha i went to happy hour and pulled up TGP with my beer, and before i was halfway through this thread figured i better run home and get an order in. now that i’m caught up that was clearly the move.

first time i’ve ordered a pedal without even clicking a video or reading the manual (tho tbf generation loss has been on the “interesting” list for a while).

Footbutt likes this.
  17. slide13

slide13 Supporting Member

So, where do people think this fits best in the signal chain? By my chorus? Next to my reverb? Last? I’ll have to experiment of course but curious what people have found with pedals like this as I’ve never had one.

57 left

18. adolan

adolan Member

40 left.....I wish it was something I actually wanted...

xcc likes this.
  19. adolan

adolan Member

20. Gallery

Gallery Supporting Member

Time to poop or get off the pot.

hippieboy and adolan like this.