• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

One versatile little guitar!

blong

Silver Supporting Member
This is a Santana SE with LR Baggs Piezo X-bridge installed (by tms13pin) prior to my purchasing it. He drilled a hole and moved the tone control to the middle position and but the blend knob where the tone control was. He also drilled out the on-off button and the three-way mini-toggle for the piezo. So it has magnetic pups, piezo, or both on. It sounds killer.

Here's a pic of his upgrades:

Zilmo won it in a Katrina relief raffle that had put on by forum member leroy4403 (my buddy Darren). I got to play it before it was shipped to Z and told him it was a killer little guitar. He said he didn't care to own it, he was just donating for the relief. So I paid him for it and took ownership.

I recenlty found some Dragon II pups for dirt cheap and threw them in it, added a push-pull tone pot, and now it is the ultimate in versatility. I got killer tones in humbucker or single coil modes, with piezo as an option. I also added some Grover Mini-locking tuners that I picked up for dirt cheap. So, for bout $400 total, I got a killer little guitar. I absolutely love it. It's gonna get about as much play as my US made PRSi.

Here's two more pics:

Thanks for all the help that everyone provided in the "tech" area of BaM. It's wired up right, finally, and ready to smoke. I've been playing her for the past three hours. I thought I'd share with everyone else.

Bob

dk123123dk

Wow that is a sexy guitar. What is the scale length on those models? I have always wondered about those cool tremolos too. If it was a 25.5" scale, and had SSH pickups, that would be my dream guitar!

Nice pictures.

dk

blong

Silver Supporting Member
I think the scale length is the same as US PRSi, which is 25". I don't actually check scale lenghts as I own numerous guitars, all having different radii, scale lengths, nut-widths, neck dimensions, etc.

For the HSS setup, you can buy an SE EG, which has 3 single coils and mod it to have a humbucker in the bridge. I understand they have a swimming pool route so you could do this. I am actually going to pick one up for super cheap when I find one and put 3 P-90's in it to make it a poor mans CU22 soapbar.

By the way, the trem is just as nice as the US PRSi I own. Others may differ in their opinion as far as the quality of the component, but it is rock solid and stays in tune very well.

Bob

Trending Topics