Online PRS Dealers - which one?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by DaveNJ, Feb 1, 2008.

1. DaveNJ

DaveNJ Supporting Member

All,

I'm looking to place an order for a new PRS - which dealers would you recommend for price, inventory, satisfaction guarantee, buying power with prs (can get orders quicker), etc?

Thanks, Dave

2. Kappy

Kappy Member

I've never bought a PRS from him, but one of my favorite shops is magdonmusic.com (Jack Gretz) he's one of the bigger PRS dealers. I've bought Melancons, Andersons, and my Fuchs TDS from Jack and he's one of the nicest guys you'd want to do business with (and his prices were always good).

3. brad70

brad70 Member

4. Jellecaster

Jellecaster Member

I've always had great luck with Wild West Guitars.

5. JCM 800

JCM 800 Member

www.davesguitar.com I believe Dave's is the #1 PRS dealer in the country. They constantly have a huge selection.

6. pauly-ray

pauly-ray Member

+1.

7. Wizard of Ozz

Wizard of Ozz Silver Supporting Member

8. slipbeer

slipbeer Supporting Member

9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater Supporting Member

10. Tommy Tourbus

Tommy Tourbus Senior Member

what about garrett park? someone told me that since they are near the prs factory that they are the most connected dealer.

11. 02Singlecut

02Singlecut Supporting Member

No dealer is going to get put to the front of the line as far as orders go, unless what you want is on the availability list which comes out weekly.On the East Coast Chuck Levins http://www.wmcworld.com/ has a ton of PRS guitars in stock at all times. On the West coast in their area http://www.asharpmusicco.com/ has that #1 dealer plaque hanging again. :RoCkIn

12. Garrett Bagby

Garrett Bagby Member

www.chucklevins.com

Brian Meader is tops in my book. Price and service after the sale are both fantastic.

13. smallbutmighty

smallbutmighty Supporting Member

I've also bought a Melancon from Jack at Magdon, and was very pleased.

I just bought a Mira from Sam Ash, and was super pleased with the transaction. Quick, and the guitar looked and played great.

A

14. Joe_Steeler

Joe_Steeler Member

Watch your mouth and beware...

15. markster

markster Member

16. wilerty

wilerty Member

I've bought three PRSi from Jack Gretz at Magdon in the last year and highly recommend him. Depending on where you live in NJ, he's not too far from you.

17. Funky Chicken

Funky Chicken Member

Magdon (have bought from Jack)
    WMC (Brian Meader is da man)
    Willcutts (no personal experience but highly regarded)

I'd start there.

18. pedalcr8z

pedalcr8z Supporting Member

Dave,
    I would call Eric at Willcutts.....best selestion and price but more importantly, best customer service which is one of the reasons they have been PRS dealer of the year several times. I have been involved in retail management for 36 years and I am overly critical concerning my treatment as a client so my recommendation does not lightly. Eric has on several occasions hand chosen guitars for me by actually sitting down and playing them........sometimes 5 or 6 of the same guitar and then selecting the one that HE would buy.......he's a gigging musician. Because of this type of pampering I have been saved 7 hour drives on multiple occasions to accomplish the same task. He just did it again for me for a new
    Gibson Historic '54 Goldtop and I am just knocked out by it.

19. Bluedawg

Bluedawg Member

I've had good experiences buying from Garrett Park, but that was over five years ago when I lived in MD.

I've also had great experiences buying at some of the places already mentioned:

Chuck Levins (while I lived in MD)

MartinMusic (played in store and shipped to home in AZ)

I've also had a good experience with Wildwood (played in store and shipped home to AZ):
    http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/index.html

Centre City in San Diego has a great rep with the Gibson fans, but he is also a PRS dealer. I've never bought anything from him, but he quoted me a very good price on a PRS. Unfortunately, I had already purchased that same model somewhere else for more.
    http://www.ccitymusic.com/

It is my understanding that both Chuck Levins and Garrett Park where some of the first PRS dealers in the country, thanks to their location near the factory, and they still have a good relationship with the company and the PRS employees.

When I was still in MD, Garrett Park would usually have some used employee guitars and other unique PRS stuff whenever I stopped by.

Chuck Levins actually had a small selection of PRS seconds on hand during one of my visits in the early '90s. That's the only PRS seconds that I have ever even heard of.

Good Luck

:BEER