1. The target date for the upgrade is **TOMORROW** Tuesday, August 11, 2020. We expect a few hours of downtime during that process. We will post on Twitter and Facebook to keep everyone updated on the progress.

Online Tube Dealer Sticky

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by big mike, Jan 8, 2013.

1. big mike

big mike Gold Supporting Member

Best to search or start a new thread
    This is a contact link sticky only

bradtfw and Timbre Wolf like this.
  2. buddyrama

buddyrama Supporting Member

I just bought some more NOS tubes from Mike at KCA and just the same great experience as the first time we did business a bunch-maybe 10/12 years ago. I haven't gotten any ANOS from him but I would with complete confidence.

Blue Strat and friend33 like this.
  3. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

http://www.nosvacuumtubes.net/

Mike, I'm pretty sure this is Tejas tubes. I looked to see if his new website was in here - I didn't see it. I believe his name is Josh? His business still reputable?

4. big mike

No idea tgp staff can’t have an official position on any of these links.

I can only comment on who i have used and That link isn’t one I’ve done business with

5. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

Understood... maybe others can chime in.

Sorry, I really intended the "business still reputable" to be to anyone in the thread but didn't delineate that.

wetordry likes this.
  6. tastylicks

tastylicks Member

I've had several good deals with Terry the Tube Tramp. I recommend.

7. Blue Strat

Blue Strat Member

Sterling, VA (not far from Washington DC)
    Definitely not lately. I found some stragglers around the shop a few months ago...listed them, and they sold very quickly.

Hugh Manitee likes this.
  8. PhuzzphayzZ

PhuzzphayzZ Member

I'm looking at TonalTubes today... anyone?

9. big mike

Not familiar

Timbre Wolf likes this.
  10. PhuzzphayzZ

PhuzzphayzZ Member

I am looking for tubes for the first time ever, and, to be honest, unlike FX and other things, tubes have too much of a daunting aura about them- and I can only afford to get them right the first time.

I'm assuming that a quad of matched TungSol 6L6 burned-in are running @$100 no matter who you get them from? And so everyone says CustomerService is more important... ?...

The temptation to think I'm looking for "mythical" tubes needs to be abolished... but why wouldn't I want a tube from 1976, for instance, just to be cool? I mean, if the tube is from the era I playing?...

See? I don't think I can think "straight" about tubes. I need a Tube Realtor, or a Tube Mentor- "here, kid. Put these in your tank. You'll thank me later" kind of thing, lol. I was recommended the above, but the source was left up to me. But there's too many choices...

I'm whining... lol,... it's late on Christmas Eve, and I need to hit the hay...

11. big mike

Best to start a new thread asking for suggestions in regards to your specific amp

12. kuvash

kuvash Member

Tried a couple of places before but have been really happy with Eurotubes since 2010 great customer service phone or prompt email fast shipping and knowledgeable.

13. TonalTubes

TonalTubes Member

Hey eveyone, was browsing the forum. I decided to create an account for the business. Just wanted to do a quick introduction. We are a small mom n pop business out of North Carolina. We've been selling tubes (mostly newer production) since 2013.

Is there anwyay to get added to this page?

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  14. webs

webs Member

SubApathy likes this.
  15. big mike

Links are for actual web stores not eBay stores or the like.

Humble Texan Fan likes this.
  16. Grand Amps

Grand Amps Member

There are too many nice brands of tubes amps, just like MOJO, got one amp from them and nice.

17. pale fire

pale fire Supporting Member

HeavyCream, roger prynne and The-Kid like this.
  18. The-Kid

The-Kid CIOKS/Vboutique dealer and seller Vendor

Just got some viva tubes this week. Great service haven't tried out the tubes yet but great price and the around time. Tested to my liking too. have me medium break up around a 6 on Groove Tubes scale per my request.

Got a pair of matched El84 tung sol.

5 out of 5 stars.

pale fire likes this.
  19. Hugh Manitee

Hugh Manitee Member

Shhhhh.... haha.

A lot of good vendors, but I'm so glad to see that my preferred has not been mentioned yet :p.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    Timbre Wolf likes this.
  20. Hugh Manitee

Hugh Manitee Member

One thing I wanted to add is that it MAY be a good idea to ensure your dealer of choice makes an effort to properly clean the pins of any built up oxidation, particularly on pre-amp tubes, prior to testing. This may make their testing for electrical specs, microphonics, and noise more reliable.

I saw on Bartel Amp's facebook posts a build he completed with an NOS tube upgrade, and noticed some TC Tubes packaging in the background. I've placed a couple of orders with Tyler & Chelsea, and haven't been disappointed. Not that they're alone on this, but what's really great about their website is they show (representative) photos of each item they've got. It's just nice to see what you're going to be getting, and well, if they're good enough for Mark Bartel...