• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Online Tube Dealer Sticky

buddyrama

Silver Supporting Member
I just bought some more NOS tubes from Mike at KCA and just the same great experience as the first time we did business a bunch-maybe 10/12 years ago. I haven't gotten any ANOS from him but I would with complete confidence.

big mike

Platinum Supporting Member
No idea tgp staff can’t have an official position on any of these links.

I can only comment on who i have used and That link isn’t one I’ve done business with

rawkguitarist

No idea tgp staff can’t have an official position on any of these links.

I can only comment on who i have used and That link isn’t one I’ve done business with
Understood... maybe others can chime in.

Sorry, I really intended the "business still reputable" to be to anyone in the thread but didn't delineate that.

Blue Strat

Use Visseaux 6V6s, which sound pretty sweet in 1959 Deluxe. Bought two pairs from Upscale Audio I think or maybe it was HiTest...haven't seen these rarities available for years. Believe the froggies last made them in like 1952. Big colorful cleans and EL34 like bark when cranked.

Anyone seen these around lately?
Definitely not lately. I found some stragglers around the shop a few months ago...listed them, and they sold very quickly.

PhuzzphayzZ

I am looking for tubes for the first time ever, and, to be honest, unlike FX and other things, tubes have too much of a daunting aura about them- and I can only afford to get them right the first time.

I'm assuming that a quad of matched TungSol 6L6 burned-in are running @$100 no matter who you get them from? And so everyone says CustomerService is more important... ?...

The temptation to think I'm looking for "mythical" tubes needs to be abolished... but why wouldn't I want a tube from 1976, for instance, just to be cool? I mean, if the tube is from the era I playing?...

See? I don't think I can think "straight" about tubes. I need a Tube Realtor, or a Tube Mentor- "here, kid. Put these in your tank. You'll thank me later" kind of thing, lol. I was recommended the above, but the source was left up to me. But there's too many choices...

I'm whining... lol,... it's late on Christmas Eve, and I need to hit the hay...

big mike

Platinum Supporting Member
Best to start a new thread asking for suggestions in regards to your specific amp

kuvash

I am looking for tubes for the first time ever, and, to be honest, unlike FX and other things, tubes have too much of a daunting aura about them- and I can only afford to get them right the first time.

I'm assuming that a quad of matched TungSol 6L6 burned-in are running @$100 no matter who you get them from? And so everyone says CustomerService is more important... ?...

The temptation to think I'm looking for "mythical" tubes needs to be abolished... but why wouldn't I want a tube from 1976, for instance, just to be cool? I mean, if the tube is from the era I playing?...

See? I don't think I can think "straight" about tubes. I need a Tube Realtor, or a Tube Mentor- "here, kid. Put these in your tank. You'll thank me later" kind of thing, lol. I was recommended the above, but the source was left up to me. But there's too many choices...

I'm whining... lol,... it's late on Christmas Eve, and I need to hit the hay...
Tried a couple of places before but have been really happy with Eurotubes since 2010 great customer service phone or prompt email fast shipping and knowledgeable.

TonalTubes

I'm looking at TonalTubes today... anyone?
Hey eveyone, was browsing the forum. I decided to create an account for the business. Just wanted to do a quick introduction. We are a small mom n pop business out of North Carolina. We've been selling tubes (mostly newer production) since 2013.

Is there anwyay to get added to this page?

Thanks!

Last edited:

The-Kid

Pedal Art: CIOKS/Vboutique/Providence Dealer
Vendor
Had two good experiences with Viva recently

https://vivatubes.com/
Just got some viva tubes this week. Great service haven't tried out the tubes yet but great price and the around time. Tested to my liking too. have me medium break up around a 6 on Groove Tubes scale per my request.

Got a pair of matched El84 tung sol.

5 out of 5 stars.

Hugh Manitee

One thing I wanted to add is that it MAY be a good idea to ensure your dealer of choice makes an effort to properly clean the pins of any built up oxidation, particularly on pre-amp tubes, prior to testing. This may make their testing for electrical specs, microphonics, and noise more reliable.

I saw on Bartel Amp's facebook posts a build he completed with an NOS tube upgrade, and noticed some TC Tubes packaging in the background. I've placed a couple of orders with Tyler & Chelsea, and haven't been disappointed. Not that they're alone on this, but what's really great about their website is they show (representative) photos of each item they've got. It's just nice to see what you're going to be getting, and well, if they're good enough for Mark Bartel...

Trending Topics