• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Only one Tweed? Which would it be?

Kmaz

Silver Supporting Member
If you could only own one Fender tweed, which would it be and why? Thank you

bouteqtive

There's been ALOT of discussion about tweeds lately. Seems they're all the rage nowadays. I just bought a D'lux chassis from Jim at Li'l Dawg Amps, and cant recommend him enough. Stellar customer service, lovely work, and ridiculous prices. The D'lux i got is basically a 5e3 circuit with upgraded OT/PT to 25 watts or so. Love it, love it, love it.

TravisE

Silver Supporting Member
Bandmaster. I played an original now owned by a forum member and it's incredible.

After that, Deluxe or Tremolux. The Deluxe gives it up more but the Tremolux has the swampiest, sweetest trem when mixed with that tweed sound.

Last edited:

jpervin

Silver Supporting Member
5E3 tweed Deluxe. Why?

1. They sound awesome overdriven;
  2. Stellar clean/semi-clean tones;
  3. Lots of tonal variations, even with only 3 controls;
  4. Jumpering the channels gives you more tone options;
  5. No overdrive pedals required;
  6. You get to use your guitar's volume & tone controls more;
  7. 6V6s;
  8. Great grab-n-go amp;
  9. It's what some of the greatest guitarists of all time used on their records;
  10. Tweed makes a small amp look badass...cuz it IS!!! :dude

slider313

Gold Supporting Member
40 watt dual rectifier Twin. Plenty of power for any gig that I would do. Perfect sized cabinet for good projection and the main reason..........
TONE

mad dog

Silver Supporting Member
I'd have real trouble deciding between the tweed pro and the lo power twin. Probably end up with the twin.

57special

Silver Supporting Member
TV Front Pro. A 4X10 Bassman sounds great, but it gets real loud and a bit screechy with a strat or tele.

Trending Topics