• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Onyx Forge is no more

Just so you will know, the Onyx Forge Guitar business is done. I have bought many sets of Roy's bolt-neck bushing sets and tried to order more tonight and it wouldn't go through. I received an e-mail response from Cindi Bullis (I am only guessing that she is either Roy's wife, daughter or sister) informing me that Roy passed away on August 31st.

I reached out and offered my help. If there is a lot of inventory that is left in Roy's shop, I'm sure that Cindi would appreciate any help in liquidating or selling what may be piled up. You can apparently reach her at this e-mail address:

onyxforge@cox.net

Badfinger

That's really sad to hear. I've done business with him for a few years, really like their bushings for bolt on necks. RIP

ACfixer

My #1 is a 52 AVRI Tele that Roy worked over. Really did a great job, I had the pleasure of meeting him and buying that guitar from him perhaps 7 years ago. Really a nice guy.

RIP Roy. :(

mikealpine

Gold Supporting Member
I had considered a custom guitar from him. He did a few with midi and Piezo, using some beautiful old-growth redwood. Had a fantastic conversation with him, probably in July. Don't know if he was sick, but sounded youthful and healthy. Seemed like a very nice guy. Sad stuff.

Trending Topics