Ooma Telo Voip Home Phone Service

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by MrX, Apr 3, 2015.

1. MrX

MrX Member

http://www.ooma.com/

I’m thinking about purchasing Ooma to save on long term landline fees. I’ve heard and read some good things about the company/product, but I wanted to see if there were any existing users here. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

2. rsm

rsm Member

I've been using the basic no-frills Ooma system since last summer. Works and sounds great, using a cheap Walmart wireless phone too. Only annoyance is having to dial 1-area code- for local numbers.

3. Peteyvee

Peteyvee Premium Platinum Member

It works great and the inventor (Andrew Frame) is a frigging genius.

4. neastguy

neastguy Supporting Member

works great.. but we are getting rid of it.. we basically use our cell phones for everything now

5. MrX

MrX Member

Thanks for your feedback. Is there a competitive product I should consider before I pull the trigger?

6. rog951

rog951 Member

We've had the basic Ooma service for about two years. Overall pretty happy - definitely saving us some $$$ . My only complaint is that the sound quality isn't quite at the same level as our old Verizon land line. Barely discernible difference, but there's a little aliasing or some type of distortion. Every once-in-a-while you'll get a "bad connection" and need to hang up and call back, but that happened back in the land line days as well. I would certainly recommend it - the hardware paid for itself after a couple months and it works as advertised.

7. mischultz

mischultz Member

We've had it for a little over two years. I did have to replace the hardware under warranty a few months in, but it's been rock solid and dirt cheap since. Friends have had theirs going on five. There are other VOIP solutions, but I can't imagine any being any better. You can actually improve the call quality somewhat by tinkering with your buffer and throughput. Customer service walked me through it over the phone.

8. twinrider1

twinrider1 Member

I've been happy with Google Voice and a basic ObiHai box. $50 for the box and ZERO monthly fees.