1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Ooops, I just bought a new guitar (but didn't really mean to)!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by wrxplayer, Oct 20, 2008.

1. wrxplayer

wrxplayer Supporting Member

Well, I've been thinking about selling a few guitars and adding a 335 type as I've never owned one. Had an ebay coupon to burn and have been trolling on ebay, looking at Heritages and Eastmans mostly. Threw out a few low-ball bids. Saw a Framus last night and threw out another super low-ball and surprisingly got a counter not too far off. Was thinking I just might go up a bit on the Framus when KABAMM! - I got the email I wasn't expecting: "Good News! ... You are the winning buyer for the item below. Thank you for your business!"

I guess I'm now the proud owner to be of a nice shiny Eastman T185MX. Truly didn't think there was a chance I'd "win."

Ebay certain is fun. And expensive. :bong

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  2. LPguitarman

LPguitarman Member

Sweet looking guitar. Congrats. Hope it plays as well as it looks.

3. daddyo

daddyo Guest

I like the middle guitar better than the other two.:)

4. 5E3

5E3 Supporting Member

Beautiful guitar! Congrats! :AOK

5. Brock

Brock Member

I did what I thought was a lowball offer for a Victoria twin and won it. I was pleasently surprised.

6. MartinPiana

MartinPiana Supporting Member

Can I ask how much you got the Eastman for? I've been keeping an eye out for a good deal on one of those (but evidently not watching closely enough!) PM is fine....

7. XKnight

XKnight Member

Looks nice. Congrats on your accidental guitar purchase. Does that excuse really work with the wife?

8. wrxplayer

wrxplayer Supporting Member

I sold one and am in the process of selling a second and likely a third. That does the trick.