• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Open letter to Robert Keeley and his team

Rolo

I am a big fan.
I love each pedal i have from u guys.
I want to motivate/ suggest the following:
I would believe to be worth it if you have an intense revision on what is the future for your pedals. Plan ahead the next steps upwards that you might have to take.
For example: Other companies are moving forward with bank presets, multiple gain circuits integration in one pedal( just by turning a knob), routing options, user's interfase sounds available for downloading etc..
I strongly feel that the pedal market is moving in that sci-fi direction. Expression pedals/ midi capabilities.
I hope you and the TGP community chips in this fan letter in support of a new era for Keeley Electronics.
You guys rock.
I am a proud owner of Synth-1/ Silicon PhatMod/ Dark Side/Comp Plus/Mini Katana.

Rolo

I would suggest making a thorough evaluation of each fx you have out on all the pedal models and determine the differences(pros and cons) then select the best ones for being part in newer pedals/ tweaks. You already have a great legacy.

Tiresias

I think a lot of people buy the Keeley multi-fx units in particular because they don't have to slog through all that stuff to get a great sound (and really have multiple great sounds easily accessible). It strikes me as a very well-thought-out design ethos rather than 'not getting with the times.'

Seems like they've been designing the multi-fx units for maximum versatility with minimal tweaking/no menu diving at least since the first workstations. It's a crucial niche in the market, I think, and I'm glad Keeley is in there. I think the world of FX pedals would be worse if everyone tried to take the Strymon/Source Audio approach.

Andy S

I like the fact that the Keeley pedals are different from....let's say...Source Audio. I myself can't stand using my phone and/or a computer to change settings..... Also, I went down the Midi rabbit hole once in the 90's ( when I had a rack full of effects ) and I promised myself I would never go down that hole again. So Midi is nothing new....

Different strokes for different folks I guess..... I think Keeley effects has found a nice niche for itself....especially with new offerings like the Eccos and Hydra.

PS - I think the Keeley Dyna Trem is one of the best pedals ever.... so there's that...

abby_normal

I still have my Tone Workstation on my board and in a smallish space it covers so much ground: 1962x, Katana boost, Red Dirt w/ mods, and compressor w/ mods. I'd be most happy with just it and a delay/reverb pedal, but what fun is that?

Slideman

I’m a huge fan...lots of Keeley new and old pedals through the years. The only thing I would prefer (Don’t know if I’m in the minority) is larger pedals...that have several knobs. The designs are compact (which has its own benefits) but boy would I like my Keeley DCR to be 2x the size with the knobs and buttons spread out...maybe even a preset for each side.

bluesuede

I love my Source Audio True Spring for the reverb. They may as well have not bothered with the tremolo for me without having separate controls for the tremolo. I prefer knobs right in front of my face, not secret hidden functions or internal dip switches. If I wanted presets and menu driven parameter changes, I'd by a Helix or something.

chrisjnyc

I am a big fan.
I love each pedal i have from u guys.
I want to motivate/ suggest the following:
I would believe to be worth it if you have an intense revision on what is the future for your pedals. Plan ahead the next steps upwards that you might have to take.
For example: Other companies are moving forward with bank presets, multiple gain circuits integration in one pedal( just by turning a knob), routing options, user's interfase sounds available for downloading etc..
I strongly feel that the pedal market is moving in that sci-fi direction. Expression pedals/ midi capabilities.
I hope you and the TGP community chips in this fan letter in support of a new era for Keeley Electronics.
You guys rock.
I am a proud owner of Synth-1/ Silicon PhatMod/ Dark Side/Comp Plus/Mini Katana.
I would bet Keeley is aware of Strymon\Eventide\Source Audio... but they dont want to compete in that space. You end up dealing with budget DSP pedal guys like Nux, Joyo, who are selling copies of pedals for next to nothing.

Rolo

Honestly I think Robert's pedals are perfect as they are. He makes superb multi fx units.
I know. I like the DarkSide pedal.
However, this thread is just to suggest more multifx with presets and more options. It is my consumer's ambition to have more options, and since i like the tones Keeley fxs have, i just want more.

Trending Topics