• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Opeth Covers "Would" By Alice In Chains

blownirocz

Suppoutin' Memba Sinss Dem Oud Dayz...
Gold Supporting Member
Also one of my all time favorite songs. Not sure I totally dug the harmonized guitar during the chorus, but overall a very nice cover. And you're right, not many people can do Layne, but I thought it was cool that he didn't really try to do Layne. He made it sound good in his own voice and style.

Thanks for posting!

hawkeye17

Not really a fan of the band, but that was a damn good cover of a classic song.

Good job Opeth!
Check out the Damnation album, I think you'll be shocked. I know I was when I first heard it compared to their "heavier" albums. You'll thank me later, or maybe not! There are 3 songs(Windowpane, Ending Credits, Still Day Beneath The Sun) on that album that probably rank in my Top 100 favorite songs and I grew up on the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, Rush, etc.

Last edited:

kselbee

I dug it. Never listened to Opeth before, but now I'm off to check them out on iTunes....

Marc Roy

That was a great cover. I`m not an Opeth fan, but I really enjoyed that. I`ll check out more of their stuff.

atquinn

Silver Supporting Member
Not bad, but didn't really distinguish itself in any good way from the original IMO. Just a competent cover.

-Austin

hawkeye17

Not bad, but didn't really distinguish itself in any good way from the original IMO. Just a competent cover.

-Austin
Agreed. Covering a track like "Would" is risky because the best case scenario is you come of sounding solid. It's kind of an iconic song for that era and nobody can replicate those vocals from Layne and Jerry.

Trending Topics